VP of Marketing at Cooler Screens
Cooler Screens was founded on the core idea that consumers deserve a far better experience than what is available today in bricks-and-mortar retail. We call this concept “CX” and it guides all that we do. We have begun the CX journey by bringing what consumers love about shopping on-line to the frozen and refrigerated food aisle.
Cooler Screens is re-imagining the business of brick-and-mortar retail for retailers and brands. We are transforming retail cooler surfaces into IoT enabled screens that deliver new marketing opportunities and smart merchandising for the ultimate shopper experience. Cooler Screens is building the world’s first and largest in-store digital media and edge computing platform at the retail point-of-sale.
Cooler Screens is powered by proprietary innovation and a global network of industry-leading partners. Global technology, CPG, and retail leaders have partnered with Cooler Screens to be part of this important and rapidly growing industry initiative. We are backed and led by some of the most prominent Silicon Valley and Chicago leaders, advisers, and investors.
As the VP of Marketing, you are reporting directly to the CEO and are a part of the leadership team. You will be responsible for developing the strategy and implementing and executing on all marketing, communications and B2B and consumer value proposition activities across the company. Importantly, as a leader of one of the fastest growing startups in the country, you will contribute to the strategic direction of the company.
You are a visionary, high-energy marketing leader that has the ability and flexibility to bring strategy, inspiration, innovation, execution, and thought leadership together to succeed in the role.
Who You Are:
- A strong understanding and experience in consumer (CPG) and retail
- Experience working with digital media and agency companies
- Experience in technology and media industry marketing and thought leadership
- Experience leading marketing of technology products and brands at different life stages (start up, scaling, established)
- You have a proven track record when it comes to building national marketing plans that consistently deliver both short-term and long-term business results, including meeting volume, share and profit goals
- Liaising with product on product roadmap and consumer impact on products
- Planning, implementing and overseeing all marketing, communications and B2B value messaging and reporting
- Experience enabling sales teams on developing and aligning on key value prop (B2B and Consumer) as well as corporate messaging
- Growing and developing a small and highly skilled in-house marketing team
- Leader of marketing communications across the company and industry and running trade activities
- Flexible entrepreneur who is comfortable with ambiguity and pressure of startup environment
- You are a mission-driven, results-oriented marketing leader with a passion for communicating to consumers, businesses and partners at scale, and a proven ability to bring a highly innovative approach to marketing research, messaging and positioning
- Contributor to new business development initiatives
- Innovative leader who consistently understands the future needs of the customer and the organization
What You Need to Succeed
- Experience with the marketing of technology and digital media companies
- Experience in consumer and retail industry
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in technology brand or digital media with demonstrated success of business growth
- Strong knowledge of marketing and sales, with particular emphasis on the CPG and tech media sales environment
- Demonstrated successful track record shaping and launching new products and user experiences through actionable insights and recommendations
- Digitally native
- Be able to manage a ton of exciting work with a small team and a focused budget
- Be scrappy and have a make it happen attitude
- Must enjoy and be able to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Build, further develop, and leverage relationships with industry media to evangelize the Cooler Screens brand, mission, and movement in the market
- Ability to influence at all levels and work effectively across functions and geographies
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with demonstrable ability to analyze and distill data (including market and user behavior) into actionable insights and relevant product features
- Demonstrated strength in conceptual strategy and execution while still maintaining a roll-up-your-sleeves management style
- Outstanding communications, presentation and leadership skills
- Lead teams in a highly collaborative and fast paced environment
- Budget Management
For the right candidate, we have a competitive compensation and ownership package with an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, paid time off, and many other perks. Come join our fast-growing team at our headquarters in the heart of Chicago.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, native origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.