VP, Public Relations
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 20+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 125,000 restaurants in 2,400 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Grubhub is looking to hire a New York or Chicago-based VP, Public Relations to lead the company’s public relations strategy. This person will manage media relations strategy and execution for the entirety of Grubhub’s growing business. This role will report to the President & Chief Financial Officer.
The ideal candidate has experience building successful national and local PR programs, and a demonstrated ability to manage issues and overall media relations strategy. This person is enthusiastic, resourceful, determined and entrepreneurial with experience managing strong internal and external clients. He or she will need to manage multiple projects simultaneously and serve as a trusted advisor to Grubhub’s executive team. Strong writing skills and the ability to maintain a sense of calm and humor in the midst of a fast-paced and constantly evolving space are instrumental to success.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Develop and implement media relations plans, keeping Grubhub, Grubhub’s portfolio of products and Grubhub’s brands top-of-mind by driving positive coverage in national tech, business, trade, local and consumer media.
- Nurture a positive company reputation for Grubhub.
- Counsel and collaborate closely with cross-functional partners to ensure alignment on strategic goals and relevant plans.
- Craft clear and compelling internal and external communications.
- Work closely with members of the executive team and the larger technology team to develop media-worthy narratives that support the growth of the organization.
- Help find and secure speaking opportunities, and prepare materials -- including presentations -- for these opportunities.
- Secure media briefings with Grubhub’s executive spokespeople, and manage the preparation and follow-up for those briefings.
You Should Have
- 15+ years of experience in-house or at an agency (direct tech industry experience is strongly preferred)
- Bachelor's degree required
- Strong relationships with technology, business and trade media, and skill in developing and nurturing new relationships on an ongoing basis
- Must have experience influencing and working with senior level management everyday (C-suite or other company executives)
- Superior writing skills for external and internal audiences
- A history of securing positive, strategically important stories in key press, both around launch cycles and drumbeat and evergreen coverage to advance Grubhub’s corporate reputation
- Strength in building compelling narratives, and tailoring those narratives to engage and delight various audiences
- Strong people and managerial skills, including the ability to both lead and work well within a team, and to help others to succeed
- The determination to overcome obstacles and bring your ideas to fruition
- Self-motivation and a results-oriented mindset
- Experience managing a team and/or department
- Ability to manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously while ensuring alignment with overarching company goals
- A passion for food
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here:DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.