Medical Device Specialist - Spine
About Procured Health
At Procured Health, we have the ambitious goal to improve the way our healthcare system delivers medical care through access to relevant clinical evidence health systems needed to make better decisions. If every system in the country uses our industry-leading technology and tools, we can improve the quality and efficiency of patient care, and fundamentally change the way health systems operate.
Today, hundreds of health systems around the U.S. use our tools and we want to add second-to-none talent like you to help achieve our goal.
We're a growth-stage startup focused on building a world-class company, and are backed by leading healthcare investors.
Why join Procured Health?
- Make a direct impact on our healthcare system, working with hospitals that are leading real change in the industry.
- Work in a fast-paced environment, with no shortage of responsibility.
- Work with a laser-focused team that seeks the frontier, is obsessed about impact, comes here to do their best work, welcomes respectful debate, and succeeds as one team.
What you will be doing:
As a Medical Device Specialist - Spine, you will serve as a spine subject-matter expert and be responsible for critically evaluating and synthesizing spine device research as well as communicating key implications that will assist our clients (supply chain, value analysis, and clinicians) in reducing costs and improving the quality of spine care. You will also partner closely with our internal solutions’ teams to ensure timely and quality deliverables, as well as provide ongoing mentorship to junior research team members supporting your spine service line projects.
The successful candidate will be a strong, independent contributor with a team-player mentality. You will also share a passion for learning and understanding medical device technology as well as using evidence-based solutions to transform healthcare.
- Serve as a spine subject-matter expert and provide device-related and evidence-based content to optimize hospital decision making
- Oversee and manage client-specific projects from initial scoping through delivery
- Apply critical thinking, creativity, and resourcefulness to make utilization decisions pertaining to data discovery, acquisition, and analysis
- Collect, structure, and maintain product data from various sources such as FDA publications, peer-reviewed journals, device manufacturers, CMS, and other credible sites
- Provide ongoing mentorship to our junior team of Medical Device Analysts
- Provide ad-hoc project support to Senior Medical Device Specialists
- 3+ years experience in the healthcare or medical technology industry
- MA, MS degree in engineering or a natural science concentration preferred
- Excellent communication, organizational, and leadership skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented and thorough
- Proficiency in Excel and MySQL is desirable but not required