API Support Specialist at Braintree
Braintree builds products that make payments easier—so easy that they fade into the background, making entirely new kinds of interactions possible. Interactions like seamlessly paying for your ride share—or the condo you rented this weekend—without presenting a card or pressing a button, or buying a lamp on Pinterest...right from Pinterest. The Braintree full-stack payment platform lets companies build their own experiences and then scale their businesses around the globe. We're known for our technology but we're also known for our support, with internal risk and underwriting, account management and technical support teams who ensure a frictionless payments experience.
Acquired by PayPal in 2013, Braintree is now in an even greater position to change the way people pay. Headquartered in Chicago, Braintree has offices in San Francisco, New York, Sydney, London with employees stationed around the world.
The best talent deserves the best perks. Join the Braintree Team and you’ll get catered lunches, tuition reimbursement, public transit commute reimbursement, and much more!
Check us out - Braintree on The Muse | LinkedIn | Glassdoor | Facebook | Twitter
Our API Support Specialists, AKA API Supportreeps, leverage their technical prowess and in-depth product knowledge to assist our merchants with seamless API integrations into our SDK. While you don’t need to be a seasoned developer, you should be comfortable writing code, building API integrations, and running point on complex data migrations. You’ll be the first point of escalation for the more complicated technical issues that reach our support team, so you’ll often find yourself in the thick of conversations with developers from many of our different product teams - be prepared to learn a lot! Skills you might pick up include writing and troubleshooting in multiple programming languages, writing efficient search queries, diagnosing issues with the complex web that is the Internet, and sleuthing through our extensive gateway code. After comprehensive training on Braintree’s products and technical integration methods, you should be excited to play a pivotal role in supporting and maintaining the day-to- day operations of our diverse customer base.
Day in the Life:
- Getting Started: For the first two months, you will be training and working side-by-side with other API Supportreeps to learn the ins-and-outs of Braintree, how payments work, and more advanced integration troubleshooting methods.
- Inbound Tickets: As an API Supportreep, you’ll leverage your knowledge of our SDKs and developer documentation and partner with your team to perform advanced troubleshooting with merchants and developers. Here are just a few examples of the types of expertise you’ll offer on any given day
- Guide merchants through challenging technical integrations by debugging web services and sleuthing through our extensive gateway code
- Assist merchants with advanced technical implementation; examples include latency troubleshooting, integrating wallets, and Fraud Tooling
- Dive into data by writing efficient queries for our internal logs and
- Build, update, and experiment with your own Braintree integration to increase your understanding of the product
- Answer the occasional inquiry on Stack Overflow, a website/community where programmers post their questions
- Data migrations: Braintree allows merchants to securely transfer their stored customer credit card data among PCI compliant providers. You’ll run point on migrating merchant data into and out of our systems in a way that is least disruptive to merchant businesses and workflows, including complex data munging and mapping
- Beyond the Queue: Once an API Supportreep is comfortable with day-to-day queue work, they’ll be expected to continue their personal development and contribute to the team in other meaningful ways
- Collaborating with other Product and Operational teams via Slack, our internal chat tool
- Working with developers and merchants via occasional scheduled conference calls for more nuanced inquiries
- Updating internal documentation and providing regular feedback to improve our external Support Articles and Developer Documentation
- Presenting high level information in team meetings and conduct technical trainings with other Support teams
- Participating in pairing weeks with your teammates: during this time, you’ll create and maintain internal tools and solutions to help the Support organization. You’ll get practice working in Agile programming to build a roadmap, prioritize work, conduct solution discovery, build and implement products, and facilitate retros. You’ll also learn new coding languages, frameworks, and infrastructure.
- Believe in Braintree’s Values of Ask Why , Care, A Lot, and Solve Together.
- Be capable of building a simple web app that uses our API with at least one programming language.
- Be a self-starter, independent learner, and have unparalleled resourcefulness.
- Be willing to leap into the unknown and be agile in an environment that is constantly changing.
- Love swimming in solutions versus dwelling on problems.
- Possess infinite patience and a desire to turn angry customers into happy ones.
- Ability to work autonomously with a high level of responsibility.
- Be a great writer with a keen eye for the nuances of the English language.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply. You can also check out our FAQ!