The AWS SysOps Administrator position is responsible for migrating, deploying, operating, and managing systems on AWS platform, and will take part in the ongoing design, assessment, and maintenance of all Rewards Network’s Information Technology infrastructure. Additionally, the AWS SysOps Administrator will be accountable for on-premise systems management, virtualization, networking support, systems design, and compliance requirements. This position will be required to work with other teams and independently to accomplish our company goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Experience with hybrid AWS public cloud/on-prem environment
· Configures the following in Amazon Web Services (AWS): VPC, EC2, RDS, S3, Direct Connect, Transit Gateway, NAT Gateway, Routing Tables, Security Groups and Route53.
· Reducing the time required for production by using automation infrastructure which involves Cloud Formation techniques, Terraform, Git/GitLab, CI/CD and merge request approval processes.
· Upgrading software, patching the kernel and errata patching; managing the disaster recovery and creating the data backups
· Maintaining Data Integrity and access control by making use of the AWS application platform; effectively monitoring charging and cost optimization strategies
· Designs, implements, and maintains network infrastructure including Palo Alto firewalls, F5 Load Balancers. Maintains system operations independently and as member of the Network and Systems Engineering Team.
· Responsible for managing on-premise infrastructure including servers, VMware and NetApp.
· Acts as escalation point to the Application Support Team and the Reward’s Network’s Support Center
· Monitors Network & Security operations including infrastructure and systems “Alerts” and log entries resolving and/or escalating issues in a timely manner.
· Adheres to Change Management and Quality Assurance requirements during configurations changes, vendor patch deployments, upgrades, and project execution.
· Ensures there is a collaborative process of development and maintenance in place for all policies, procedures and standards as they apply to network, systems, and security infrastructure.
· Familiar with implementations of process and security frameworks like ITIL v3 and ISO 2700x, and familiar with compliance initiatives like PCI DSS and SOC II & III.
· Develops, implements and manages project plans to facilitate implementation and operational rollout of network infrastructure and security solutions.
· Leads by example, demonstrating best practices for trouble shooting issues, cross training within the team, and provides constructive feedback to peers to improve the strength of the team.
· Provides 24x7x365 days a year support for all of Rewards Network’s System and Network Infrastructure, users, and outside departments on a rotating On-Call Schedule.
· Capacity planning and performance analysis of infrastructure.
· Develops projects to improve performance, efficiency, experience, capacity, etc. of environment
· Effectively collaborates with other teams such as DevOps, Application Support, Development and DBAs to evaluate, troubleshoot issues and remediate efficiently.
Qualifications and Position Requirements:
Formal Education & Certification:
· Preferred industry certifications: AWS Certifications, VMware Certified Professional (VCP), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), NetApp Network Appliance Certification, and/or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), equivalent experience.
· Knowledge of Network and Systems principles, techniques, and procedures; at a level normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or closely related field.
Knowledge & Experience:
· Over four (4) years of previous work experience in AWS or Systems and Networking Engineering capacity.
· Hands on experience executing AWS migrations from on premise virtual infrastructure
· Expert with administering a wide variety of technologies including Linux and Microsoft operating systems, VMware hypervisors, larger data storage arrays (NetApp), and SDN and SOA environments.
· Experience with Web technologies including presentation layer, applications layers, load balancing, and Web Application Firewalling on F5 preferred.
· Experience with maintaining Data and Systems Security platforms including Palo Alto firewalls, F5 Load Balancers, Alert Logic, IPS systems, SSO and Account Control Systems
· Experienced in supporting and maintaining enterprise applications like e-mail (O365), MS Active Directory, Commvault Backup, and SolarWinds.
· Excellent knowledge and understanding of troubleshooting, testing, and performance tuning of systems.
· Must be able to perform in a fast paced, high volume environment and capable of working with minimal supervision while possessing superior team skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required.
· DevOps minded approach to solutions.
We connect diners to fantastic restaurant experiences by offering unique card-linked offers thanks to our ability to leverage advanced technology and powerful data analytics, while simultaneously providing value to our strategic partners' overall loyalty programs.
We work alongside our restaurant partners every day, sharing in the ebbs and flows of their business while helping them achieve their dreams. We provide marketing and financing that work with their business and are truly pay-for-performance. We help them increase revenue, traffic, and customer engagement. Importantly, our services do not require the merchant to discount or give away their products.
Even more, we enhance our partners' loyalty programs by offering a turn-key, scalable dining rewards program that is right for their business model and leverages their unique brand to help increase the value proposition for their customers.
Finally, we connect our millions of members to our participating restaurants, allowing them to earn the rewards they desire when dining out.
Rewards Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). We encourage and strongly support workplace diversity.
Read Full Job Description