Business Systems Analyst at CCC Information Services
CCC Information Services Inc. is the technology platform for the underwritten assets economy. CCC technology, insights, and support connect industries – insurers, automotive manufacturers, collision repairers, parts suppliers, lenders, fleet operators and more – to advance decision-making, productivity, and customer experiences for thousands of clients worldwide. Clients leverage CCC’s network management, data management, AI, operational workflows and customer experience solutions to efficiently scale, interact, transact and achieve their unique business objectives. CCC was ranked a best mid-sized company to work for by Forbes (2019). BuiltIn Chicago, Austin and LA named CCC a top place to work in 2020. Diverse perspectives and experiences are core to CCC’s success and award-winning culture of more than 2,000 employees worldwide. We hold inclusion as a core value and are committed to celebrating and cultivating the diversity of our team. With a 40+ year track record of innovation, CCC’s tenacious spirit and growth mindset turn next generation technology into real world solutions and empower team members to expand their knowledge and potential. Headquartered in Chicago, CCC has 11 locations worldwide. CCC’s principal PE investors are Advent International, Technology Crossover Ventures, and Oak Hill Capital Find out more about CCC Information Services by visiting cccis.com.
Job Description Summary
The primary objective of a Business Systems Analyst (BSA) is to translate user requirements to detailed system analysis documents for systems that solve business problems.
* Translates high level business requirements into functional specifications for development team and manages changes to such specifications
* Analyzes business partner’s operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities to automate and optimize processes and functions
* Creates requirements documents, use cases, workflow diagrams, test scripts, support manual materials, and other related documentation
* Develops quality assurance and testing guidelines for new software implementation and product enhancements. Coordinates User Acceptance Testing with customer stakeholders.
* Performs system testing as needed for new products and production fixes.
* Manages small projects or portions of larger projects
* Assists in the business process redesign and documentation, as applicable, for new technology
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field.
* 3-5+ years of relevant systems analyst and/or business analysis experience
* Understands technology trends in the industry and uses this knowledge to develop innovation solutions to enhance CCC’s competitive edge
* Excellent written communication skills - documentation, presentations, and flowcharts
* Excellent verbal communication skills - communicate w/business partners, internal audiences, technical analysts, developers, & other cross functional staff
* Business requirements authoring/management, Use Case Authoring, Workflow Diagramming, Data Dictionary Authoring, Basic Project Planning and Management
* Working knowledge of all aspects of Microsoft Office suite of products.
* Experience with Databases with expertise in pulling reports using SQL and providing meaningful metrics
Knowledge of the following:
* System development life cycle
* Database environments
* Customer workflow
* Business workflow (dependent on functional area)
* Existing and emerging technologies
* Tools to troubleshoot and resolve issues
* Continuous Integration
* Test Driven Development