CMM Programmer/Technician and Metrologist at Fast Radius
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:11 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, April 26, 2022
We’re looking for an experienced Metrology / CMM technician / inspection lead to supervise quality inspectors and oversee quality inspection in a fast-paced CNC and additive manufacturing plant.
We are building out a state of the art CNC and additive facility on Goose Island here in Chicago which will encompass close to 60,000 sq ft of manufacturing space.
About the Role:
- Develop CMM programs for new drawings and revision to existing drawings
- Inspect parts for quality and compliance to print specifications
- Supervise team of 4-6 Inspectors and oversee quality inspections
- Assist in calibration of gages
- All other duties as assigned
- Candidate must be proficient in using various measuring equipment including but not limited to CMM, optical comparator, calipers, micrometers, surface profilometer, gage blocks, pin gages, thread gages etc.
- 1-3 years program experience and operation of a CMM.
- 1-3 years inspection experience
- MODUS experience preferred but not required
- Possess strong ability to read and interpret simple to complex engineering blueprints accurately.
- Thoroughly understand concepts of GD&T to determine part conformance to print
- Desire to continually learn and develop technical skills
- Ability to successfully multi-task and set priorities as needed
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Excel and related applications
- Working knowledge of inspection and CMM software applications
Who we are: We believe manufacturing is important not only for what it makes but for what it makes possible for the world. Our first-of-its-kind Cloud Manufacturing Platform™ represents a new, more sustainable infrastructure to design, make, and move physical goods in the digital age. Working with companies across a variety of industries – from growing startups to Fortune 500 companies – Fast Radius helps customers with all stages of the manufacturing process from new product development to ongoing part production. We recently became a publicly listed company as the next step in scaling our vision for the future of design, manufacturing, and logistics. Every day you can expect to work in an inclusive environment that makes excellence possible, where great work and ideas matter more than seniority. We believe in experimenting fearlessly and learning from our failures—quickly. Our leaders have grown successful companies before, and they understand that businesses thrive when capable people have the freedom to solve problems without constraints.
What we offer: We want you to come to work happy, healthy, and balanced so you can expect excellent benefits:
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care including dental and vision
- Generous vacation policy as well as a 401K plan
Fast Radius is proud to be an equal opportunity employer because diverse perspectives make for better products, better processes, and a better company. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, Veteran status, or other protected status.
Fast Radius currently is unable to sponsor or transfer visas.
We are currently able to hire residents in the following states: AL, AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, MA, MD, MI, MN, NH, NJ, NY, NC, OH, OR, TN, TX, WA, WV, WI
Read Full Job Description