Compliance Associate - Issues Management at OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.
What you get to do:
- Optimize the Corrective Action Program by identifying areas in the process flow that can be improved upon and propose and lead efforts to implement resulting changes.
- Research escalated issues to pinpoint possible causes and the customer population affected and the impact they may have experienced.
- Assess the material significance and relevance of identified compliance risks.
- Collaborate with multiple department leaders in other departments, such as Product, Operations, Marketing, Credit, Finance, and Technology, to identify solutions that reduce identified compliance risk while minimizing business impact.
- Partner with our Legal and Operational Risk teams to oversee the formulation and implementation of customer remediation efforts.
- Conduct trend analysis for Corrective Action reporting provided to our CEO and the Executive team.
- Review business-proposed changes to products and processes for relevant compliance considerations.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to less experienced members of the team.
- Take on and lead other projects purposed towards the prevention, detection, mitigation, or assessment of regulatory risk as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1-2 years experience in a consumer compliance-oriented role; preferably in an issue management and/or compliance advisory function.
- Intermediate to strong knowledge of state and federal regulations and binding industry rules; UDAAP, ECOA, EFTA, E-SIGN, FCRA, FDCPA, GLBA, MLA, SCRA, TCPA, CAN-SPAM, BSA, U.S. Bankruptcy Code, PCI, and NACHA.
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL.
- Data analysis skills.
- Interpersonal skill navigating different types of personalities and business environments.
- Experience identifying areas of opportunity and improvement.
Employees Love Working Here
Customers love our product
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan with rooftop access.
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.