Desktop Support Admin
CSG is looking for a Desktop Support Admin for our downtown Chicago office to help resolve client service requests such as PC hardware and operating systems issues, software application installations, configurations, and upgrades.
Why work for CSG?
CSG provides you with generous PTO, market competitive pay, and benefits-- including multiple affordable health care coverage options, 5.5% 401k match, an employee discounted stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, extended paid maternal/paternal leave, and much more!
The Desktop Support Admin provides both remote and on-site technical support at the desktop level to CSG's internal employees. Since the technical field is constantly evolving, we are looking for someone who keeps up with industry changes and updates his/her skills to remain relevant. Must take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible; escalating incidents to other support teams when necessary. Will document all trouble tickets with clear, concise explanations in a timely manner ensuring adherence to department policies and procedures.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot desktop systems
- Maintain passwords, data integrity, and file system security
- Proactively identify process gaps and recommend solutions
- Perform hardware and software inventory tracking and management
- Provides provisioning and support for printer and mobile devices
- Work as a team to collaboratively resolve client requests and technical issues with other team members, partners, and vendors
- Document all trouble tickets with clear, concise explanations in a timely and accurate manger, ensuring adherence to department policies and procedures
- Determine scope of the trouble ticket and the responsible department
- Escalate to supervisor any issue that could adversely impact provided services
- Perform executive support and assist with executive presentations involving desktop set up, use of PowerPoint, and other media-based tools, projectors etc.
- Provide exceptional customer service communicating courteously with customers by telephone, email, IM, and face-to-face
- Participate in rotating on-call after hours/weekend schedules
- Provides any other IT related duties after hours, weekend and holiday work for outages, emergency situations and/or moves as required
Experience & Education:
- 2+ years’ experience providing customer service in a technical role
- Preferred certifications: A+, MCSA, MCSE, MCP, and/or CCNA
- Experience with Office 365, Windows 10, Skype, VOIP, Remedy, JIRA, network printers, SCCM, Bomgar, provisioning tablets and smart phones beneficial
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience required
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Proficiency with/knowledge of:
- Microsoft Office applications
- Windows 7, 8, & 10 OS
- MAC OS
- Office 2010, Lync 2010, VOIP, Remedy, HP Asset Center, provisioning tablets and smart phones
- Learn and use professional concepts
- Communicate highly technical information to both technical and non-technical users.
- Handle multiple tasks and tight deadlines
- Use strong interpersonal skills
- Work in fast paced environment and possess a self-starter attitude
- Stand up to 20% of the day and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Read, write, speak and understand the English language in a business environment