Desktop Support at Yum! Brands
Tell Me About the Job
Are you a self-starter and love helping people? Here is a great opportunity for you to grow with a large and outstanding company. You could make a difference by providing exceptional PC support as a part of the Support Services Service Delivery team. Your primary role be to troubleshoot, analyze and resolve incidents impacting the computers of all Domestic Yum! Brands, Inc. team members while providing outstanding customer experience. Your position will be with the second line of PC support and you would also be responsible for training and testing new technologies to grow the team’s productivity and efficiency. This position reports into Service Delivery Team located in Chicago, IL.
What Does Success Look Like?
- Provide second level technical PC and Apple Mac support within Service Level agreements with Yum! Brands, Inc. customers.
- Perform computer hardware troubleshooting as well as part ordering within established Provider guidelines. Perform advanced troubleshooting including networks, MAC OS and video conferencing equipment
- Build relationships with other onsite technicians at all levels as well as each customer you interact with.
What Does A Day In the Life of this Job Look Like?
IT Incident Management
- Provides a positive customer experience with each customer interaction, 2500 users
- Supports, maintains, installs, builds and upgrades personal computers using available hardware and software tools
- Work with counterparts in Plano, TX and Irvine, CA to ensure consistent support process across all sites
- Resolve escalated customer issues
- Perform with in established processes and procedures
- Direct technical support for helpdesk and a team of 8-9 technicians
- Train other levels of support in technical skills
- As needed, train Admins and Executive’s on the use of their computing devices.
- Work with peers in Plano, TX, Irvine, CA and Louisville, KY to provide Executive Video Conference scheduling
- IT projects as Required
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
EXPERIENCE (and other qualifications):
- 4-6 years of experience providing technical problem solving and guiding other technicians to meeting service level agreements to improve business performance
- 5 years of broad experience working with a variety of different technology platforms, inclusive of hardware, software, desktop and network
- Knowledge of industry standards, best practices and audit requirements
- The ideal candidate will possess extensive experience supporting a wide-variety of hardware and software platforms, including: desktops, laptops, printers, peripherals, Windows 7 & 10, OS X, Active Directory, Microsoft Office 2013, Office 365 and mobile devices (iPhone/iPad, Android, Windows Phone)
- Demonstrated proficiency in using the Microsoft Office suite of applications including Microsoft Project, Visio, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- Certified in specific hardware break/fix support
- ITIL Foundation Certificatio
- Can work independently as a remote extension of a larger team.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Positive, flexible, and self-motivated attitude
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage time and multiple priorities
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills, ability to take a problem and solve it in a quick and efficient manner
- Ability to handle highly confidential information/materials
- Exceptional customer service skills and negotiation/influence skills in an executive-level environment
- Ability to grasps new materials quickly and apply new information, concepts and procedures in a constructive manner
- Ability to manage high stress, demanding situations
- 24x7x365 support availability in a team rotation schedule, excluding vacations is required