Job Description Summary
We are looking for a Director of IT Infrastructure to join our team here at CCCIS. This role will be accountable for delivering and operating Infrastructure environments for CCC’s client facing application services. This includes public and private cloud hosting and operations, participating in strategy development and planning, migration activities, design, standardization of processes / procedures and the set-up of monitoring disciplines. The leader should be an advocate of automated methods and the SRE principles through effective communication and collaboration with cross functional teams. The successful applicant must be a subject matter expert with datacenter and cloud hosting best practices, capable of leading the delivery of robust infrastructure solutions that meets dynamic business needs and requirements. Additionally, this Director must be able to mentor technology experts, work alongside infrastructure or application architects, while being able to present organizationally aligned strategies at the Executive level. This position will report to the VP of Infrastructure.
- Act as subject matter expert to plan, design, specify, and select cloud solutions, considering functionality, data, security, integration, infrastructure, cost and performance.
- Ensure high availability of IT services through implementation of industry best practices, including monitoring systems performance and providing superior operational support and maintenance.
- Forecast system demands and recommend upgrades, expansions and reconfigurations.
- Lead the development of a library of deployable and documented scripts, processes, and procedures for cloud migration and operational tasks.
- Lead the design and implementation of system architecture and interfaces using industry best practice.
- Ensure the needed level of infrastructure diagrams and documentation are produced and maintained.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to obtain and translate requirements into technical implementations
- Manage infrastructure lifecycles
- Communicate and validate product architecture with peers, partners and stakeholders.
- Experience with cloud services for DevOps, Container/Orchestration, networking, security, data, and storage.
- Establish and deliver cloud automation strategies that includes leading the transformation to an infrastructure as code environment, focusing on enhancing delivery quality, standards, and throughput, to both on-premise private cloud datacenters and public cloud
- Work with security to implement resources securely.
- Take responsibility for technical aspects of cloud solutions to include such activities as supporting bid responses, product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of supporting technical resources.
- Assist the team with project planning and other large collaboration efforts, while fostering an environment of open communication and problem solving.
- Develop reporting metrics, dashboards and status reports, including performance against SLAs.
- Planning and execution of the IT OPEX budgeting process.
- Contribute to the design, documentation and testing of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery planning as required.
- Evaluates vendor cost and quality of services.
- 10+ years’ experience delivering business-critical IT infrastructure that includes design, administration, implementation and management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field required.
- 7+ years in a management capacity, including leadership at the Senior Manager level leading teams that manage business infrastructure, technology and/or support
- 5+ years of experience in large, cross-functional teams influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders effectively across the organization
- Relevant experience hosting client facing SaaS applications in both on-premise datacenter environments and public cloud
- In-depth experience working with technologies including Microsoft Azure, .Net, SQL Server, Web Services, REST APIs, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of IT Infrastructure technology standards, guidelines, and tools.
- Experience designing and implementing secure application hosting & Enterprise solutions that are compliant with data security standards.
- Excellent customer service skills, including both verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
- Superior process design and implementation skills.
- Advanced analytical, reporting, consulting, negotiating and meeting facilitation skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment and with employees at all levels/areas of the organization.
- Self-motivated and self-directed with the ability to work independently, with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.