ThinkMarkets is a global online brokerage firm, specializing in providing multi-asset trading solutions to thousands of clients around the world. With our flagship ThinkTrader platform, we allow our clients to trade the world 24-hours a day. Our mission is to disrupt the brokerage industry by allowing access to global markets and thousands of products to allow our clients to trade the world in the palm of their hand. We use the latest technologies to give traders seamless access to our proprietary trading platforms. Our Chicago office is in the heart of the financial district in the Loop, and is made up by our Leadership, IT, Analytics, and R&D teams.
We are seeking an IT Infrastructure Manager to join our rapidly growing global workforce in Chicago. This role will be tasked with managing the day-to-day operations of our Global IT infrastructure and identifying key opportunities for improvement. This a great opportunity for someone who has expert level IT Engineering experience coupled with an affinity to mentor and lead technical teams.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of server infrastructure by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance, and faults
- Lead cross discipline Infrastructure Engineering teams including hiring, training, coaching, and evaluating team member performance
- Lead incident management, root cause analysis, corrective and preventive actions, and lessons-learned exercises to increase system uptime, stability, and availability
- Establish guidelines and methods for the installation and management of host operating systems, disk arrays, networking equipment, backup libraries, and other components
- Ensure high availability and acceptable levels of performance for mission critical host resources
- Stay current with technological developments in systems, networks, database, and security engineering technology and recommend ways to take advantage of new technologies
- Develop and contribute to new and existing technology and business roadmaps
- Provide innovation and process improvement recommendations and oversee implementation to ensure success
- 10+ years of experience in Network, Infrastructure, or System Engineering
- 3+ years of experience managing Infrastructure Engineering teams
- Experience with monitoring and logging platforms such as Nagios, Zabbix, Splunk, ELK, etc.
- Expert level experience with Linux and Windows operating systems
- Advanced knowledge of network related concepts such as dynamic routing, segmentation, etc.
- Hands-on experience with automation in Python, Ansible, Terraform, etc.
- Understanding of industry security frameworks such as NIST 800-53, ISO27001, PCI DSS, etc.
- Strong familiarity with agile project management practices
- Advanced knowledge of public and private cloud technologies
Our Benefit Offerings:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage available
- Employer-Paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Pre-Tax Transit deduction options
- Global Employee Assistance Program
- 401k and Roth 401k (retirement planning) options available and competitive company match
- Generous Paid Holidays
- Monthly gym reimbursement
- Fresh beverages and snacks in office