IT Knowledge Manager at Peapod Digital Labs
Store Code: Technology Innovation (27155)
What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Browse The Aisles
The IT Knowledge Manager will be charged with understanding and developing the unique skills and experiences required to keep PDL at the cutting edge of eCommerce development and ensure it is well positioned to take advantage of new technologies and ways of working.
The primary function of this role is to identify the skills critical for PDLs current and future success, build training material and establish practices that will both enhance the retention of that critical talent and distribute their knowledge and skills throughout the workforce.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Identify critical skill needs
- Identify which skills are most critical to the organization's ability to execute its strategy now and in the future (e.g. by working with software delivery and architectural and engineering functions to understand technology trends that will impact required skills and by reviewing skill and talent market trends within eCommerce and in other relevant sectors).
- Identify critical talent by:
- Conducting and maintaining a PDL skills inventory to identify employees that have the identified critical skills and knowledge.
- Build a train the trainer model but leveraging skilled resources to train others
- Enable employee skill sharing
- Identify and implement ways to enable the transfer of critical knowledge and skills between employees (e.g. through peer coaching, targeted mentoring, job shadowing, expert communities of practice).
- Leverage tools like PluralSight, LinkedIn Learning, Coursera etc. and put together training plans for development teams
- Identify key certifications that will benefit product and development teams and organize them.
- Develop PDL specific application workflows and training material
- Develop training material around concepts like automation, TDD, Unit testing, CI/CD among others
- Champion a culture of knowledge and skill sharing within PDL
- Build a best in class technology knowledge management practice by incorporating industry best practices
- Design and maintain a structure to easily locate content
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Computer science engineering degree or equivalent experience required
- 7 + years of experience as a Technology Knowledge Manager role in a software development company (eCommerce business preferred)
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Extensive communication, training and program adoption and knowledge management experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of software development company structure and software delivery practices
- Deep understanding of knowledge management practices and tools (especially JIRA/Confluence)
- Has experience and understands how to work in an Agile methodology.
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Skillful listener who is able to facilitate discussions with a range of stakeholders
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Excels at establishing rapport and building relationships
- Ability to influence and partner with different levels of the organization to achieve results
- Strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, analytical skills
- Highly motivated and analytical mindset
- Able to think strategically with regard to culture, behavior, technology and business processes
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Requisition: 215075_external_USA-IL-Chicago