IT LEAD DEVELOPER - POS
Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof – All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
GENERAL SUMMARY & SCOPE
The Lead POS Developer will be an experienced business and technology specialist responsible for architecting, designing and implementing enterprise business solutions in the retail environment. This role is a hands-on Java developer, technical contributor, subject matter expert and a leadership position on applications technologies.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (*Essential Functions)
- Lead the design and development of enterprise wide vendor and proprietary solutions predominantly in the Oracle Xstore spectrum (Xstore, xServices, and Xcenter) and Verifone Software (FiPay, RTS, and FMS).
- Hands on Java development in the Micros Retail’s Xstore extension layer for the timely resolution of production bugs and capital enhancement requests.
- Write well designed, testable, and efficient code.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle using Agile methodologies and prepare releases of software components.
- Responsible for the overall design and architecture of retail systems, focused exclusively on point of sale and its back-end integrations with SAP Retail.
- Lead discussions with internal business partners to identify needs and translate business requirements into detail functional specifications and technical solutions.
- Research and evaluate technologies and commercial solutions to determine solution design options and trade-offs.
- Act as Project Manager, IT subject matter expert providing technical and best practice guidance to team through the full lifecycles of a project.
- Collaborate with the business and technical organizations to guide the design, and implementation of the new store systems solutions.
- Defining process and methodologies for solution architecture and implementation.
- Coaching and mentoring IT resources to ensure effective and sustainable solutions.
- Understand the business priorities and opportunities to drive business growth.
- +5 years Java application development experience, with expert knowledge of its ecosystems and framework.
- Experience in developing and consuming Web Services using WSDL, SOAP and HTTP.
- Experience working with and designing development concepts using SDLC tools like Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket.
- Experience working in enterprise development team environment, familiar with Eclipse, configuration management, and defect tracking tools.
- Solid SQL development skills
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills. Able to effectively convey complicated technical information to diverse audiences
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities. Ability to propose and evaluate technical solution alternatives, assessing the pros and cons of each approach.
- Extensive knowledge of retail POS processes, including customer facing (sales & returns management, promotions & pricing, loyalty, etc.) and back-office (cash management, opening & closing, TLOG processing).
- Micros Retail Xstore POS implementation / development experience
- Experience with Verifone Hardware and Software Integration (Fipay, RTS and FMS)
- xStore upgrade experience to versions 15 and older (plus).
- Experience with Java POS Hardware (Retail) Integration.
- Experience with Webserver Apache and Jetty.
- Experience interfacing with SAP IS-Retail (plus).
- Must be a self-starter that is results-driven.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent.