About the Role
As the IT Manager at Yello, you'll work with great people in a fast-paced environment. Your responsibilities will include solving challenging problems on a daily basis. By supporting and contributing to the efforts of the entire company, your efforts will help enable Yello's high growth. In this important role, you'll have a positive impact on everyone at the company.
You will be responsible for implementing and maintaining all of Yello's corporate IT resources. You will collaborate closely with a variety of talented individuals across the company to improve our Information Technology services. The IT Manager reports directly to Yello's CIO (Chief Information Officer) and the role is responsible for planning, installing, purchasing, maintaining, and securing all IT systems.
How You'll Make An Impact
The IT Manager at Yello will:
- Manage IT systems throughout the organization which may include process automation, analysis, networking, and/or administration responsibilities.
- Resolve all levels of technical problems. Assist as needed with help desk tickets, troubleshoot and resolve issues with networking, servers, VOIP telephony, and third-party applications.
- Maintain Yello’s internal wired and wireless networks with a focus on performance and reliability.
- Hire and develop an IT professional.
- Manage all aspects of employee laptop lifecycle: purchasing, provisioning, and troubleshooting.
- Design, maintain, and operate A/V equipment and systems.
- Purchase IT hardware and software.
- Plan, develop, and implement a budget and obtain competitive prices from suppliers to ensure cost effectiveness.
- Assist with incident response procedures which may involve complex technical hardware or software problems.
- Contribute to organizational policy regarding technology standards and strategic planning.
- Collaborate with the Information Security team to ensure that IT systems are secure and highly available.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline or 5+ years of professional Information Technology management experience.
- Strong knowledge of IT security, encryption, mobile device management, VOIP telephony, macOS management, Ubuntu Linux, and computer networking.
- Advanced scripting and server automation skills are preferred. Must be proficient in shell, python, or ruby scripting.
- Experience managing Apple computers in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with Chromebooks, Google G-Suite Administration.
- Experience in management and development of at least one other team member.
- This role frequently communicates/interacts with individuals; must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytical thinking, and creativity is a must.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and effectively interact with numerous individuals.
- Frequently moves/lifts/carries/assembles equipment, boxes, etc up to 50 lbs.
- Yello reserves the right to assign or reassign the responsibilities and requirements to this job at any time.
- Security+ certification is a nice to have
We are the trailblazers in our space and we continually strive to learn and grow, but there is always time to celebrate a colleague's birthday or a recent success. We dress casually, have one of the best views in the city and the whole team sports Apple laptops. Our CEO Jason Weingarten and President Dan Bartfield always have their office doors open. And with opportunities for professional advancement, medical, dental and vision insurance, and a 401K match – Yello has you covered.
- Yello is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Candidates local to Chicago are preferred.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to sit or stand for continuous periods of time
- This role frequently communicates/interacts with individuals, must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Yello reserves the right to assign or reassign the responsibilities and requirements to this job at any time