Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN) is a leader in risk and compliance solutions, providing insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights to clients across the globe. We’re here to help you make smarter decisions with insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights at every stage of your business and investment lifecycles. As markets fluctuate, regulations evolve and technology advances, we’re there. And through it all, we deliver confidence with the right solutions in moments that matter.
The IT Project Coordinator will assist our department leaders in organizing our ongoing IT projects. This role involves monitoring project plans, schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures, organizing and participating in stakeholder meetings, and ensuring that project deadlines are met in a timely manner.
To be successful as a Project Coordinator, you will need to be able to work on tight deadlines, be competent in using Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel and have exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Maintain and monitor project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
- Organize, attend and participate in stakeholder meetings.
- Document and follow up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Prepare necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- Ensure project deadlines are met; identify and communicate risks to the PMs or PMO leadership.
- Undertake and execute project tasks as required.
- Ensure projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Identify, document and assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable; escalate to management, as required.
- Ensure stakeholder views are captured and tracked toward the best project solution.
- Manage project expectations and establish communication plans with internal and external clients, as needed.
- Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate; distribute minutes to all project team members.
- Create and manage a project management calendar/schedule for goals, milestones and objectives.
- Assist with managing project budgets by monitoring expenses and identifying cost saving measures.
- Work with the Director of the Infrastructure PMO and department leadership to continue to develop and define the job duties of the IT Project Coordinator role.
- Monitor project queue for resource assignment.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, project management, information technology management or a combination of transferable skills and experience.
- At least 3 years of experience managing small to mid-sized projects in IT.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to maintain attention to detail even under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; capable of maintaining strong relationships.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to develop and manage project schedules and status reports and work within tight deadlines.
- Excellent planning, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Time management skills with the ability to meet project deadlines.
- Experience with project management tools such as Smartsheet, Microsoft Project preferred, but not required.
- Other duties as assigned.
It is the policy of Donnelley Financial Solutions to select, place and manage all its employees without discrimination based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, actual or perceived disability, veteran's status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access jobs.dfinsolutions.com as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to [email protected] #BI-Remote