IT Support Engineer
About The Role
The IT Support Engineer will work directly with the Yello IT Manager to support the company’s users and information technology systems. This role is responsible for the mission-critical services that keep the business running. The IT support engineer works closely with people and must possess the ability to communicate technical information to users with a varying level of technical experience. Technical troubleshooting skills are a must in this fast-paced environment as well as a “nothing is impossible” mindset.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Handle service request escalations through tickets, email, IM, or phone
- Troubleshoot issues pertaining to workstations, servers, and other computing equipment.
- Support office IT equipment such as printers, scanners, copiers, displays
- Follow up on outstanding requests and ensure timely resolution
- Create accounts and configure hardware as part of on-boarding process
- Disable accounts and collect hardware and verify software as part of off-boarding process
- Installation, support, and upgrades of desktop hardware, software and peripherals, diagnosing and resolving problems
- Installation, support, and upgrades of LAN equipment and connectivity support such as Ethernet and Wi-Fi
- Support conference equipment such as audio and video
- Interact with service providers such as VOIP and Internet providers
- Manage internal assets to ensure accurate inventory records
- Other duties may be added and/or assigned as needed
What We're Looking For
- DNS, ESXi, directory services maintenance
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software issues: printers, scanners, computer peripherals, mobile devices
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking administration concepts related to: WiFi, VPN, Ethernet, and VOIP
- Mac OSX & Linux administration and troubleshooting experience
- This role frequently communicates/interacts with individuals, must have strong verbal and oral communication skills
- This role includes cutting/stripping wires and working with low voltage wires
- Experience working at a technology company is preferred
- BA/BS in relevant field of work or equivalent work experience
We are the trailblazers in our space and we continually strive to learn and grow, but there is always time to celebrate a colleague's birthday or a recent success. We dress casually, have one of the best views in the city and the whole team sports Apple laptops. Our CEO Jason Weingarten and President Dan Bartfield always have their office doors open. And with opportunities for professional advancement, medical, dental and vision insurance, and a 401K match – Yello has you covered.
- Yello is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Candidates local to Chicago are preferred.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to sit or stand for continuous periods of time
- This role frequently communicates/interacts with individuals, must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Yello reserves the right to assign or reassign the responsibilities and requirements to this job at any time