We are OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a growing, socially responsible, and profitable FinTech company that is one of the highest-rated and best-in-class online finance platforms and service providers in the industry. OppLoans offers consumers a simple and responsible source of funding when faced with financial emergencies. We continue to experience growth year over year with profitable returns each year. Employees have an opportunity to make an immediate effect in a growth stage company.
The OppLoans technology organization is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. We are an Agile organization exploring open creativity while always reflecting on our work and aiming to improve. As individuals, we are unafraid to speak up, and as a team, we reward the best ideas and support each other's successes. We are looking for engineers who are excited by the opportunity to build something special that breaks the status quo of FinTech.
What you get to do:
Help support OppLoans and our tremendous growth. We’re looking for an IT Support Specialist to join our IT team. This is a great opportunity to work and grow with a fantastic company, learning more and more every day. In this role, you will help maintain our growing fleet of devices, tools, and people of OppLoans.
- Responsible for IT Support for 500+ systems, with issues coming in via phone, email, remote support, and walk-up.
- Comfortable with troubleshooting issues and conducting hardware repairs to Macbooks, Windows laptops.
- SaaS management for all of our services (user account creation, deletion, and modification).
- Manage various IT tools including Google Apps, JIRA, Slack, Adobe, Microsoft
- Daily duties can include receiving, prioritizing, documenting, routing, scheduling, help with general IT support, deep troubleshooting, documentation as well as A/V needs and project management as well as resolving any and all internal IT support requests.
- Conduct New Hire training, including orientation on company IT platforms and tool familiarity.
- Familiarity with enterprise networking, basic network troubleshooting and WiFi support.
- Be a part of a small team, and work independently with minimal supervision; self-motivated self-starter that can initiate ideas, effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced environment, escalating when necessary.
What you will bring to the team:
- 0-5 years of IT or Desktop Support / System Administration.
- OS X + Windows end-user support experience.
- Good problem solving.
- A basic understanding of connecting computers to networks.
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs computer equipment and hardware, climb ladders and use hand tools where necessary.
- Ability to work weekends.
- Familiarity with networking / distributed computing environment concepts; local and network based user and group accounts and permissions including technical knowledge of current software protocols and Internet standards, including TCP/IP (IP4 and IPv6), subnetting, DNS, DHCP.
- Experience utilizing desktop management tools such as RDP, N-Able, JAMF.
- Experience supporting and administering cloud applications, including Box, Google Apps for the Enterprise, Gmail, Calendaring, Drive, Sites, Groups.
- Experience training and explaining complex topics to end users, and interacting candidly and positively with management.
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and great benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the most engaged offices in the country. In 2019, we were named the 4th fastest growing company in Chicago by Crain’s Chicago Business, received the 86th spot on the Deloitte Fast 500, and are named one of the best companies to work for in the nation by Glassdoor two years in a row. Check out our Glassdoor reviews to see why our employees love us!
Customers love our product
OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our customers are saying on Google and the BBB! We were also named a number one personal lender by Lending Tree, and a “Leader in Quality and Innovation” by the Center for Financial Services Innovation (FinX).
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to support you inside and outside of work as you grow your career with us. Some of these benefits include a 401(k) matching program, paid vacation policy, free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans, dental, vision, and accident coverage, free gym membership, discounted Divvy memberships & ClassPass fitness classes, CTA and Metra benefit programs, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, a stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millenium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.