IT Support Specialist at OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize hard work, collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day. We are looking for engineers who are excited by the chance to challenge the FinTech status quo.
What you get to do:
- Help support OppLoans and our tremendous growth. We’re looking for an IT Support Specialist to join our IT team. This is a great opportunity to work and grow with a fantastic company, learning more and more every day. You will help maintain our growing fleet of devices, tools, and people of OppLoans.
- Oversee IT Support for 500+ systems, with issues coming in by phone, email, remote support, and walk-up.
- Comfortable with troubleshooting issues and conducting hardware repairs to Macbooks, Windows laptops.
- SaaS management for all of our services (user account creation, deletion, and modification).
- Manage multiple IT tools including Google Apps, JIRA, Slack, Adobe, and Microsoft
- Daily responsibilities can include receiving, prioritizing, documenting, routing, scheduling, help with general IT support, deep troubleshooting, documentation and A/V needs and project management and resolving any and all internal IT support requests.
- Conduct New Hire training, including orientation on company IT platforms and tool familiarity.
What you will bring to the team:
- 2+years of IT or Desktop Support / System Administration.
- OS X + Windows end-user support experience.
- Familiarity with enterprise networking, basic network troubleshooting and WiFi support.
- Good problem solving.
- A basic understanding of connecting computers to networks.
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs computer equipment and hardware, climb ladders and use hand tools where necessary.
- On-call rotation that includes weekends.
- Familiarity with networking / distributed computing environment concepts; local and network-based user and group accounts and permissions including technical knowledge of current software protocols and Internet standards, including TCP/IP (IP4 and IPv6), subnetting, DNS, DHCP.
- Experience using desktop management tools such as RDP, N-Able, JAMF.
- Experience supporting and administering cloud applications, including Box, Google Apps for the Enterprise, Gmail, Calendaring, Drive, Sites, and Groups.
- Experience training and explaining complex topics to end-users, and working candidly and positively with management.
Employees Love Working Here
Customers love our product
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan with rooftop access.
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.