About The Opportunity
Reporting to our Director of Technical Operations, the Jira Administrator will be responsible for working with business process engineers and various stakeholders to design, configure and support the Atlassian suite of products - including Jira, Confluence and Service Desk and many popular add-ons like ThemePress and TestRail. This team member will work collaboratively with other Client team members to also learn new Atlassian and other SaaS vendor applications, lead and drive solutions for the team and create a productive internal user group.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Manage client engagements Understand and assess client processes and need to implement, configure and optimize JIRA client usage
- Install, patch, optimize and professionally configure JIRA collaboration instance using standards and best practices
- Provide training to technical and non-technical teams to use JIRA and associated tools
- Configure, compile, refine and maintain JIRA dashboards and reporting
- Research, install, troubleshoot JIRA add-ons
- Troubleshooting and fixing errors common to JIRA Applications and Application servers
- Administer JIRA instances on a day to day Manage user permissions to projects Research and implement Atlassian best practices
- Implement agile workflows through JIRA
- Perform a variety of JIRA related administrative support requests for the internal development team.
- Actively develop and improve JIRA skill set by keeping aware of JIRA industry trends, tools, and techniques.
- Perform issue reporting, research, analysis, confirmation and support resolution on assigned projects.
- Assist in collaborative work across disciplines within the internal/external development team to help drive projects to completion.
- Assist in diagnosing errors and breakdowns in the development pipeline and perform technical support as needed.
- Understand needs and create custom workflows
- Must be willing to provide application configuration and support on other corporate SasS tools including Agiloft, Blueprint, and DocuSign.
You Should Have
- Minimum 2 years supporting Atlassian products
- Minimum 5 years supporting Saas software solutions for corporate technology
- JIRA implementation and optimization
- JIRA design and analytical skills
- Working and training in an agile environment
- Familiarity with Scrum, Kanban, Lean or other agile methodologies
- Ability to create complex JIRA workflows including project workflows, security schemes, screen schemes, JIRA vocabulary, permission and notification schemes
- Fluency in Confluence including security, spaces, basic design, integration with JIRA
- High-level knowledge of Atlassian Dev Tools and a keen desire to gain deeper knowledge through self-paced learning, collaboration, and hands-on experience
- Proficiency with Atlassian tool suite
- Excellent problem-solving skills, process implementation
- Experience with hosted environments and remotely collocated systems
- Experience deploying and customizing Confluence, JIRA, and other Atlassian products
- Experience administering and customizing JIRA projects, experience performing migrations
- Experience training users administrators using wikis, technical documentation, use cases, process flows and test cases
- Add-ons and integrations including ThemePress, TestRail and Zendesk