Lead Infrastructure Engineer
What You'll Do:
The Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for the planning, coordination, designing, project execution, and support of the technical environment that includes server operating systems, virtualization technologies, storage, cloud, and 3rd party commercial software. In this role you'll:
- Write technical specifications for purchase of corporate technology equipment, infrastructure hardware, and related products
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future hardware and corporate technology needs
- Build and support data center infrastructure and cloud platforms, such as VMware/HyperVisors, NetApp, Domain Controller AD, AWS Cloud, etc.
- Build, deploy, and support on-prem data center and AWS Cloud
- Develop necessary automation jobs using Terraform/Cloudformation, Powershell, Python, Shell and/or other technologies
- Provide high quality support to customers and users handling requests and issues making IT SLA engagements are met
- Create and maintain high-quality documentation of all relevant specifications, systems, and procedures
- Provide "on call" and "off hour" resources and support as part of a team rotation
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- 3+ years of IT system/network administration experience, ideally working within an AWS environment
- 2+ years of experience with common scripting/programming languages such as Python, BASH or Perl
- Technical knowledge of current compute, storage, and virtualization systems software, protocols, and standards
- Proven experience in scripting and development and implementation of automation technologies
- Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience
- Experience documenting and maintaining configuration and process information
- Strong analytical skills – the ability to assist in resolving various systems issues for multiple integrated locations and systems.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, with all levels of management and personnel.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply learned principles
- Linux or Windows System administration experience
- AWS Cloud engineer experience a plus
- DevOps experience a plus
STATS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.