Mainframe Disaster Recovery Systems Programmer at Ensono
- Provide technical support during Client Disaster Recovery drills
- Work with other Mainframe technical teams to ensure all recovery processes are current
- Review all Disaster Recovery processes with support team prior to DR drill and revise as needed before and after drill
- Ensure access to client environments is in place prior to upcoming Disaster Recovery drills
- Ensure Disaster Recovery SharePoint has a current copy of the DR processes.
- Work closely with the BCDR team in DR planning, execution and attend all planning meetings
- Assist in updating the weekly dashboard with DR status and completions
- Logon to systems periodically to ensure access remains active
- Will participate in Knowledge Transfer activities for new client on-boarding activities to transition support DR for the MF teams.
- Familiarity with one or more mainframe functional areas such as TCP/IP, VTAM, SNA, SFTP, automation, Database, CICS, Session Manager tools, and Disaster Recovery concepts. Technical implementation skills required for Communications Server and related ISV software products on the z/OS platform.
- Understanding of IBM, EMC, DASD and Tape Replication Technology
- Proficient in Microsoft suite (Excel, Word, Powepoint)
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Customer Service skills at management / client level
- Extreme attention to detail
- Experience establishing and documenting processes and procedures
- Strong teamwork skills
- Understand a large-scale 24x7 production environment
- Good problem solving and analytical skills with knowledge of problem analysis
- Willingness to take ownership of issues and progress to resolution
- Basic Sharepoint Knowledge
- Minimum of 7 years of experience within mainframe systems programming.
- Technical knowledge across multiple Mainframe teams preferred
- Disaster Recovery experience a plus.
- Experience with client and Service Delivery communication
- Experience of working within a managed services environment is advantageous.
- College degree preferred
Desired candidates will have a degree and/or equivalent experience.
Whether providing unprecedented solutions for clients or collaborating with each other to make unexpected connections, our teams are to exhibit these core values across every endeavor:
Honesty - We're transparent and accountable
Reliability - We deliver on our promises
Collaboration - We thrive as a team
Curiosity - We relentlessly innovate on behalf of our clients
Passion - We love what we do and share our enthusiasm