MANAGER, IT OPERATIONS SUPPORT
Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof – All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
The Manager, IT Operations Support manages the daily operations of a designated staff of IT professionals who monitor the performance and availability of the company’s applications, services and network. This position is responsible for system monitoring, change management, production support as well as establishing operational policies. This position produces high quality service measured by low costs, high customer satisfaction, high rate of resolution on first contact, low aged ticket ratio and fast response to incidents.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Requirements Definition & Management: Leads scoping and business priority-setting for change initiatives. Evaluates and selects the most appropriate means of representing business requirements in the context of a specific change initiative, ensuring traceability back to source. Evaluates requirements for fitness for purpose as well as adherence to business objectives and consistency, challenging positively as appropriate. Ensures formal agreement by stakeholders on scope and requirements. Manages requests for and the application of changes to base-lined requirements. Identifies the impact on business requirements of interim scenarios as well as the required end position. Provides and evaluates the use of modelling and analysis tools, methods and standards. Develops business cases which define potential benefits, options for achieving these benefits through development of new or changed processes, and associated business risks.
- Availability Management: Provides advice, assistance and leadership associated with the planning, design and improvement of service and component availability, including the investigation and remediation of all SLA breaches. Plans arrangements for disaster recovery together with supporting processes and manages the testing of such plans.
- Incident Management: Ensures that incidents are handled according to agreed procedures. Leads the investigation of escalated incidents to responsible service owners and seeks resolution. Manages recovery, following resolution of incidents. Ensures that resolved incidents are properly documented and closed. Initiates the analysis of incident causes, informs service owners in order to minimize probability of recurrence, and contribute to service improvement. Oversees the metrics and reports on performance of incident management process.
- System Development Management: Leads solution development projects which support the organization's objectives and plans. Ensures that senior management is both aware of and able to provide the required resources. Contributes effectively to improving solution development processes within the organization justified by measurable business benefits. Facilitates availability and optimum utilization of resources. Reviews the progress of development projects, ensuring that projects are carried out in accordance with agreed standards (including industry & Ulta standards), methods and procedures.
- Relationship Management: Reviews the communications needs of each stakeholder group in conjunction with business owners and subject matter experts. Translates communications / stakeholder engagement strategies into specific tasks. Creates stakeholder engagement/communications plans, including, for example; handling of complaints; problems and issues; managing resolutions; corrective actions and lessons learned; collection and dissemination of relevant information. Facilitates open communication and discussion between stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact by developing, maintaining and working to stakeholder engagement strategies and plans. Negotiates with stakeholders at senior levels and ensures that organizational policy and strategies are adhered to. Uses feedback from customers and stakeholders to help measure effectiveness of stakeholder management. Contributes to the development and enhancement of customer and stakeholder relationships.
- Capacity Planning: Assesses service component capacity and initiates actions to resolve any shortfalls according to agreed procedures. Creates techniques to control the demand upon a particular resource or service.
- Performance Management: Supervises individuals. Allocates routine tasks and/or project work. Provides direction, support and guidance as necessary, in line with individuals’ skills and abilities. Monitors progress against agreed quality and performance criteria. Acts to facilitate effective working relationships between team members.
- Manage the 24x7 IT Operations Team and provide direction on priorities. Create and promote a productive environment, ensuring the team has the necessary skills and tools to meet department goals.
- Improve operational systems, processes and policies to achieve all goals and objectives. Manage IT change and asset management programs. Design and implement data center environment policies to ensure alignment with organizations plans and continuity.
- Make decisions guided by policies, procedures and business plans. The manager is responsible for the policies and procedures directly impacting or executed by the IT Operations Team.
- Monitor and analyze IT system alerting, reporting and trending to ensure availability and identify improvement opportunities.
- Utilize metrics to identify SLA performance and team productivity.
- Prepare and review all SLA, Operational Metrics and KPI scorecards.
- Manage prompt response to critical production outages.
- Ensure proper maintenance and repair of data center equipment, manage and report on internal and vendor service levels including redundant power, cooling and policies.
- Responsible for enterprise job scheduling and batch processing.
- Maintain service levels as measured by team performance and user satisfaction.
- Works closely with the business and IT to develop cost effective support solutions.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, CIS, or equivalent professional experience
- 8+ years of IT operations experience
- 5 years’ experience managing technology teams with event triage and break/fix procedures
- Excellent analysis/troubleshooting skills, able to solve problems efficiently
- Excellent communication skills; feels comfortable working with non-technical business partners
- Able to motivate others to drive desired results
- Demonstrated ability to present recommendations to senior leaders for effective decision making
- Work with production support and project consultants in an onshore / offshore model
- Flexibility of providing support during odd hours, weekends, and peak seasons
- Minimal travel required (training/conferences)