Network Engineer II at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 21+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 150,000 restaurants in 2,700 US cities across our portfolio of brands (Grubhub, Seamless, LevelUp, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Design and implement both LAN and WAN network systems and controls with a focus on branch and HQ office locations with a global footprint.
- Hands-on configuration of Cisco, Meraki, Ruckus and Fortinet routers, switches, firewalls and wireless access points.
- Analyze network activity and network problems to discover and prevent systematic errors. Recommend network design changes/enhancements for improved systems availability and performance.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve network problems. Research, analyze, and recommend the implementation of software or hardware changes to rectify any network deficiencies or to enhance network performance.
- Work with IT Support staff to provide support and troubleshooting for network connectivity or related network issues for the user community.
- Capacity planning: analyze facilities bandwidth requirements and system interdependencies. Develop capacity planning models.
- Disaster recovery: ensure planned testing activities are performed and technical criteria are met
- Evaluate services and hardware provided by vendors and VARs, recommend changes and work with management to suggest alternatives
- Manage and deploy system monitoring and management tools such as PRTG, Zabbix, Orion
- Support various network services such as firewalls, IPS/IDS, DNS, DHCP,, TACACS+, VPN and 802.1x NAC
- Travel up to 20 percent for office builds and projects
You Should Have
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience
- At least 4 years of relevant network design and support experience
- Experience and knowledge of SD-WAN (software defined networking) technologies
- Deep knowledge of TCP/IP, NAT, IPSec VPN tunnel configuration and troubleshooting (IKE1/IKE2), SNMP, and MPLS
- Experience with Cisco ASA firewalls, Palo Alto Networks firewalls, BigIP F5 load balancers, Cisco Catalyst switches, Cisco NX-OS, Meraki routing, switching and wireless or similar solutions
- Experience with AWS, Azure or other cloud platforms, including connectivity solutions
- Knowledge of design and support of technology solutions and associated hardware, including SIP devices
- Knowledge of Active Directory and authentication protocols (SAML, LDAP, etc)
- Experience with troubleshooting audio visual systems, such as Blue Jeans enabled devices and video conferencing protocols
- Cisco certifications, such as CCNA, CCENT, CCNP preferred
- Vendor specification certifications, such as Fortinet, Meraki, Palo Alto a plus
- Understanding of distributed systems
- Strong network security design background
- Network forensics experience (Wireshark, Microsoft Network Monitor, etc)
- Wireless design and implementation experience
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.