ThinkMarkets is in search of an exceptional Network Engineer who can help manage our fast growing data center and cloud infrastructure. You will be working with other global team members to provide world class connectivity infrastructure for our global business. You will be responsible for planning, successful execution and ongoing support of complex deployment projects. You will evaluate vendors and work with them to bring always on connectivity to all parts of ThinkMarkets infrastructure. If you can speak BGP, L2/L3, Firewall, Cross connects, DNS, F5 etc as your second language, you are a perfect candidate for this role.
* Install and Configure L2/L3 switches, Routers, Firewalls etc for organization-wide deployment.
* Design and implement the network architecture of the firm.
* Measure and optimize last mile network performance for customer facing applications.
* Perform routine system maintenance and resolve issues as they arise. Review error logs and reported errors and seek out solutions.
* Setup automated system backups of the network configurations.
* Work with business partners to meet their needs for systems availability, DR, Security etc.
* Setup fully audited change control for network configuration changes.
* Monitor network performance to prevent bottlenecks and application slowdowns. Examine daily traffic logs and reports and setup alerts in the monitoring system to catch potential issues or recurring problems within the system. Develop and deploy solutions so that the system remains usable for all personnel.
* Provide technical support and guidance to users and other administrators. Work closely with other developers to answer technical questions or resolve issues with network performance.
* Maintain system security by actively identifying faults and vulnerable areas within the system’s architecture. Proactively develop protections, particularly when deploying system-wide changes that can open up new vulnerabilities.
* Work with Server and Database engineers to fine tune the server and network architecture of the firm.
* Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering or a relevant field.
* Network engineering certifications such as CCNA, CCNP are a very strong plus.
* Minimum 5 years of experience in managing multi data center network infrastructure.
* Consistent upward and downstream communication.
* Experience with performance and security tuning on the network edge.
* Strong familiarity with command line interface and configuration of the network switches and routers.
* Familiarity with cloud products and current trends and ability to provision and configure resources on the Cloud.
* Knowledge of VMWare and other virtualization products and their interactions on the network infrastructure is a strong plus.
* Familiarity with monitoring software such as Solarwinds, Nagios is required.