Networking Manager at Grubhub
We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
We are looking for a Manager, Systems & Infrastructure to provide technical and architectural guidance and build solutions to support our Grubhub office locations. This role is based in our Chicago, New York City or Boston office. You will be responsible for building a growing team that designs, builds, monitors, and supports all various locations.
The Impact You Will Make
- Design and implement both LAN and WAN network systems and controls with a focus on branch locations
- Responsible for configuration and support of Grubhub branch office network infrastructure including routers, firewalls, switches, and wireless access points
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve network issues while identifying areas of improvement to rectify any deficiencies or enhance performance
- Work with IT Support staff to provide support and troubleshooting for network connectivity or related network issues for the user community
- Capacity planning: analyze facilities bandwidth requirements and system interdependencies. Develop capacity planning models
- Document and illustrate current network design and any proposed enhancements
- Remain current on new technologies and evaluate for value and improvements
- Manage and deploy monitoring to ensure availability of network and systems
- Travel up to 20 percent for office builds and projects
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of relevant network design and support experience
- 2+ years in a leadership capacity or 5+ years experience with leadership responsibilities
- Deep knowledge of TCP/IP, IPSec VPN tunnel configuration and troubleshooting (IKE1/IKE2), SNMP
- Experience with implementing and supporting routing protocols in internal and external networks
- Experience configuring and supporting enterprise network equipment, including routers, switches, and firewalls
- Experience with Azure, AWS, or other cloud platforms, including advanced connectivity configuration and support
- Knowledge of SD-WAN (software-defined networking) concepts
- Strong network security design background
- Experience with deep packet analysis including tools used to obtain packet captures(Wireshark, tcpdump, other vendor-specific methods)
- Wireless design and implementation experience including spectrum analysis and access point placement
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement: Grubhub employees are required to be fully vaccinated. Candidates must confirm vaccination status at time of hire, and must provide proof of full-Covid-19 vaccination within 2 weeks of starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: "2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's vaccine.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]