Product Support Specialist I
Product Support Specialist I
Vail Systems Company Profile
The human voice is capable of conveying nuances and meaning that just can't be expressed through clicks and text messages. And for that reason, voice interactions have always had a special power to shape our perceptions and experiences. At Vail, we believe in the unique power of voice interactions to create more expressive, more intimate, and more efficient interpersonal interactions. Our experts work with Fortune 500 companies to help them serve their customers more efficiently and effectively through the use of various voice technologies. From basic network services, to state-of-the-art IP telephony, to cutting edge real-time analytics, Vail technology makes millions of voice interactions better every day.
Product Support Specialist I (RACC – Routing and Call Control)
Behind every one of our successful voice technologies is our dedicated and talented Client Services team. They are the liaison between our clients and product teams. They possess both the smooth interpersonal skills and technical proficiency to be able to support, augment and upsell Vail's product portfolio. They can talk the talk and walk the walk; all while remaining a polished point of contact for any customer. It should be of no surprise then that they are some of the most fun, committed, and knowledgeable people; and that it is their drive that keeps our business growing.
Vail Systems is seeking a Product Support Specialist "I" for our RACC Client Services department. We are seeking a motivated and team-oriented person to handle day-to-day assignments within Vail's new Product Development Division. We'd like to know if you think you could be part of this team. You can if you:
- Have excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Thrive in a collaborative environment
- Are able to pick up new concepts quickly
- Can keep an open mind to new ideas
- Don't mind using those skills to share your best ideas
- Have an ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Aren't afraid of ambiguity and can problem solve with little direction
- Have a positive, can-do attitude
- Eager to learn new things
What you can expect to be doing:
As part of the team, you'll be expected to coordinate with internal product teams consisting of developers, business analysts, engineers, and project managers to effectively maintain and grow our customer base. Switching from technical to consumer speak will be natural to you. Your work will range from assisting developers in debugging application releases to directly interfacing with a Fortune 500 client to resolve their existing telecom difficulties. You will serve as the client's primary source of knowledge for Vail's product portfolio, and be able to translate their current and future needs back to the product team. You'll work in teams out of our Chicago Loop office. You'll problem solve, innovate, learn, and share; you'll work hard but you'll have fun everyday.
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Prior experience doing technical product support
- Prior experience working with technical teams (Software Developers/Engineers, etc.)
- A strong desire to learn and grow in a technically-advanced field
- The ability to establish relationships of mutual trust and respect with clients
- Solid communication skills; both written and verbal
- Dual capabilities of working well in a team environment, as well as on your own
- Knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook)
Ideally, you will also be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of telephony and/or conferencing systems
If you possess tech-savvy and business intelligence; if you believe in being the voice of the customer; if you are passionate about technology that helps people communicates more freely and effectively, then you want to be part of this team!