Regulatory Complaints Associate at OppLoans
We are looking for a Regulatory Complaints Associate to join OppLoans’ expanding and dynamic Compliance department! This role will report directly to the Manager of Compliance - Complaints. The role will primarily respond to direct and indirect complaints.
- Assisting the Manager of Compliance - Complaints in implementing our Complaint Handling Program.
- Investigating complaints and collecting requested data, communicating and responding to internal partners, regulators and/or consumers as appropriate.
- Act as a self-starter while working closely with a highly collaborative compliance team and other stakeholders in various phases of the complaint process, including developing and communicating process improvement suggestions.
- Import data into reporting database and analyze findings.
- Take lead in writing complaint responses to regulatory agencies
- Demonstrate ability to exercise judgment in assessing the material significance and relevance of consumer issues and ensure timely escalation.
- Manage transfer of approved compliance documentation as a result of compliance inquiries, complaints and potential lawsuits with bank vendors.
- Perform data quality and validity checks on complaint database and report findings.
- Assist as required with regulatory exams.
- Assist in developing reports and KRI/KPIs, which are concise, timely and provide value to business and management to continuously improve the complaint handling process.
- Assist with weekly and monthly reporting to send, upload documents following set procedures.
- Carry out Compliance-related activities through Feedback Loop interaction with management and business partners and at times facilitate meetings and/or participate in presenting information.
What you will bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree required. CRCM certification a plus.
- Experience with complaint management at financial service firms.
- Experience with Salesforce and SQL is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of consumer financial regulations, including Truth in Lending Act and Regulation Z, Equal Credit Opportunity Act and Regulation B, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, Unfair Deceptive and Abusive Acts or Practices, Telephone Consumer Protection Act, Electronic Funds Transfer Act (Regulation E), Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (ESIGN), NACHA Operating Rules and Guidelines.
- Proficiency in root cause data analytics.
- Excellent writing skills, and excellent communication generally, verbal and written.
- Excellent problem resolution skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines with an attention to detail.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships, working with all levels with both internal and external customers and regulators.
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment and an enthusiasm for learning new areas of law.
- A passion for improving the lives of consumers through OppLoans products.