Senior IT Specialist
GoHealth has an ambitious mission: to improve the health care system in America. Achieving this mission relies on hiring and developing great people, which is why our team is our top priority. We encourage employees to do their best work through innovation and risk taking. Our environment is fun yet constructive, thanks to leaders whose doors are always open. And most importantly, we’ll never stop investing in you and your career.
The Senior IT Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day activities associated with the administrative and training needs of the environment as directed by the IT Manager. This position will provide quality user support while maintaining existing infrastructure through security-conscious practices. Responsibilities include resolving computer, network, and other IT related issues both in person and remotely. Support encompasses a broad range of technologies and software including printing, application installation, word processing, e-mail, networking equipment and operating systems (both Windows and macOS).
- Fully support MS Office, Sophos Anti-virus, Quest Kace, Airwatch, Atlassian products, etc.
- Research and implement GPO's to meet the changing needs of the environment.
- Maintain accurate inventories of equipment, software, licenses, etc.
- Manage patching and software deployment using Quest KACE and WDS.
- Troubleshoot and perform repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Set up equipment for employee use, ensuring the proper installation of operating systems and applicable software.
- Maintain record of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial action taken, and installation activities via Jira ticketing system.
- Confer with end users, and conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems and to provide technical assistance and support.
- Perform updates and upgrades to servers as needed.
- Work with vendors to secure competitive pricing, order equipment, renew contacts.
- Coordinate software rollouts and environmental changes for 1400+ endpoints.
- AS or BS degree in Information Systems or relevant work experience required.
- Minimum 4 years of experience with a heavy focus on end user IT Support
- Experience using JIRA or other similar ticketing systems
- Active Directory experience is required
- Autonomous work ethic and desire to learn
- Strong troubleshooting, diagnostic and research skills
- PowerShell knowledge is a plus
- Familiarity with CUCM, CUC and Jabber
- Ability to multitask and to stay with an issue through its successful resolution
- Working knowledge of Windows/macOS operating systems
- Excellent communication skills while displaying a positive high-energy attitude
- Open vacation policy
- 401k match program
- Medical, life, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Subsidized gym memberships
- Commuter and transit benefits
- Professional growth opportunities
- Casual dress code
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Happy hours, ping-pong tournaments, and more company-sponsored events
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer