Roles and Responsibilities:
Required Skills and Experience:
- Provide DASD and tape storage administration support for our customers.
- Manage storage pools for multiple customers and LPARs.
- Perform problem diagnostics and resolution.
- Create and oversee jobs for daily, weekly, and monthly backups.
- Participate in Data Center migration projects using multiple methodologies.
- Perform data and volume recovery.
- Perform data migrations between storage frames for existing customers.
- Participate in Disaster Recovery Tests.
- Interact with account management and with our customers.
- Interact with hardware and software vendors as required.
- Mentor and train Storage team members.
- Strong analytical, problem resolution and root cause analysis skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to analyze performance on DASD and tape subsystems.
- Extensive skills with IBM storage software including IBM Copy Services Manager/Global Mirroring, SMS, HSM, IDCAMS, and DFDSS.
- Experience in preparing and implementing Disaster Recovery plans
- Expert knowledge of catalog structures, LPAR sysplexes, and resource sharing.
- Extensive knowledge of DASD hardware configurations incorporating replication.
- Extensive skills with IBM and Oracle/STK tape hardware and software.
- Extensive skills with CA-1, MIMTape.
- Functional skills with Dell/EMC.
- Functional skills with RMM, TLMS, GRS, Tapecopy, and SMF.
Read Full Job Description