Senior Network Cloud Engineer at Grubhub
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly.We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 19+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 115,000 restaurants in 2,200 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Grubhub has an immediate need for a skilled and motivated Network Cloud Engineer to scale and automate our entire network infrastructure. As a Network Engineer, you will combine your skill sets of network engineering, automation, cloud, and design in a unique way to deliver a stable and strategic network solution in a hybrid cloud environment. As a member of the Production Infrastructure team, you will work with various teams and departments to keep our systems running smoothly and highly available. You will ensure that network operations are safe and efficient by monitoring network performance, coordinating planned maintenance, adjusting hardware components and responding to network connectivity issues.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Responsible for design and implementation of enterprise network and associated security infrastructure
- Perform network environment buildouts, process automation, datacenter setup, hardware installation, maintenance and support, and documentation of operating procedures and processes
- Analyze network activity and problems to discover and prevent systematic errors. Recommend network design changes/enhancements for improved systems availability and performance
- Work closely with various teams for the migration of resources from on-premise to cloud environments and utilize toolchain, scripts, automation for each stage in the infrastructure deployment
- Monitor, track, report, and proactively address issues taking a holistic view of health and supportability requirements, including documentation, monitoring, logging, high availability configuration, capacity and disaster recovery plans.
- Configure and utilize a variety of network management, log analysis, monitoring and alert management tools such as DataDog, Splunk, Device42
- Providing advanced network administration, operational support and problem resolution for workloads and applications hosted in both cloud platforms and on-premise.
- Work closely with SREs, quality assurance, business analysts and architects to improve network/security designs and refine processes for efficiency.
- Stay in tune with new technologies in your areas but not limited to cloud computing & deployment, site reliability engineering, network design/architecture, infrastructure automation, security best practices, data engineering etc.
You Should Have
- Detailed knowledge and hands-on experience with complex networks, telecommunication, and security design for large enterprise environments.
- Must have experience with security infrastructure support including firewall configuration and deep packet inspection in a hybrid cloud environment
- Must have Amazon AWS experience securing, designing and supporting large network environments; including connectivity to colocations and offices.
- Extensive background in network and systems security, authentication, and authorization fundamentals
- Experience using CI/CD and automation tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Spinnaker, Puppet, Jenkins, GitHub
- Fundamental knowledge of data engineering technology stack or platforms; integrating new technologies with existing technologies.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- PTO. It’s true, we provide you a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.