Senior Network Engineer at Nielsen Global Connect
SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER, CHICAGO
YOU’LL BUILD TECH THAT EMPOWERS GLOBAL BUSINESSES
Our Connect Technology teams are working on our new Connect platform, a unified, global, open data ecosystem powered by Microsoft Azure. Our clients around the world rely on Connect data and insights to innovate and grow.
As a Senior Network Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and providing escalation support for the overall Nielsen network services, including customer-facing services. We are looking for an in-depth understanding of information security and engineering, implementation, and 24/7 operations and support. The role is part of a high-performing team in a fast-paced organization, requiring customer and business focus and demonstrated skills/experience associated with leadership, management, and technology.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Responsible for managing the Network and Security Services to support customer needs.
- Drive the definition and execution of technical services and strategies that provide Nielsen with highly reliable, secure, flexible, and cost-effective networking services.
- Responsible for partnering closely with key customers, business, and IT team members to plan, implement, manage & support the appropriate capabilities (i.e., policies, processes, standard operating procedures, team/skills, measures, and tools) to successfully address Network Services requirements.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE:
- 5+ years successfully planning and implementing large-scale, global Network Services programs & projects that includes the planning, design, development/configuration, testing and deployment of solutions and capabilities (e.g., policies, processes, teams, measures, tools, and reporting); solid understanding of software lifecycle or product
- 2+ years’ experience with telecommunications technologies working with various types of circuits and equipment
- Preferred experience with cloud computing architectures
- 2+ years setting IT vision, strategy, architecture, plans & direction as well as related IT organizational models within a highly complex, large scale infrastructure environment.
- Proven ability to plan, implement, and manage networks that ensure high availability, scalability, security, and operational supportability within a high-volume, rapidly growing digital business.
- Experience working successfully and partnering with team members across various business units, functions, and geographies.
- Knowledge of how to maintain a data center, including but not limited to documentation management, equipment installation, work with structured cabling systems, maintenance procedures, best practices, and troubleshoot cable plant issues.
- Business and technology acumen; solid understanding of general IT (and, specifically, Network Services) policies, services, security, processes, structure ability to strategically partner with IT team members and IT partners/vendors to successfully deliver on IT vision, direction, strategies, and key priorities.
- Ability to function effectively under pressure in environments of rapid change and conflicting customer demands and crisis management.
- Can independently troubleshoot and resolve complex network problems
- Extensive Cisco routing and switching experience, including BGP and OSPF.
- Firewall experience, including but not limited to Checkpoint, including VPN, IPSEC, and SSL
- Experience with network management and monitoring tools.
- Ability to travel domestically as required. ( approximately 15%)
- Ability to work flexible hours and be accessible 7/24 and provide on-call support
- Must be available for weekend and evening work when applicable due to project deadlines, problems, production hours of operation.
- Must be able to lift equipment of 50 lbs or less
- Cisco CCNP, CCIE and ITIL preferred
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field is desired
ABOUT NIELSEN We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.