Senior Network Strategy Specialist - Supply Chain Modeling at Peapod Digital Labs
What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Browse The Aisles
The Senior Network Strategy Specialist - Supply Chain Modeling executes functional and operational development of the network optimization modeling tools that the Network Strategy team uses. This covers both home-grown tools that the Specialist develops in-house, as well as managing third-party applications.
In this role, you will offer functional expertise and knowledge in analytical modeling and programming to execute changes on existing model code and build prototype models. You will work closely with Network Strategy Managers and functional Channel Leads to understand and execute on model design requirements. Additionally you will work with Network Strategy / Brand Liaison managers to understand modeling scope, suggest appropriate data configuration and modeling approach to support different business needs. They will conduct data analyses for modeling inputs and outputs and build out reporting capability to ensure model integrity and quality.
For strategic modeling, you will assist Strategy Managers with configuring and running various scenarios, model runtime troubleshooting, evaluating output quality, and interpreting of model results, as well as creating data-visualization of modeling results.
In case of tactical modeling, the Specialist autonomously takes in requests from business stakeholders, and runs analyses to answer tactical optimization questions that provides business stakeholders with guidance in making business decisions that relate to last mile delivery and fulfillment optimization.
Recipe for Success - What's "in store" for the role
- Assists in the development of an overall approach and strategy to network modeling
- Support the team of network strategy managers in meeting their needs for modeling, stemming from brand strategy and strategic desire
- Develop and code new models from scratch
- Configure and set up 3rd party software with the right data and parameters
- Execute data analysis and reporting capabilities to report on modeling quality
- Search for opportunities to improve the modeling output, putting together for a roadmap of model enhancements, executing on the roadmap and keeping stakeholders updated on progress
- Execute code changes to current modeling tools and build new tools
- Develop and deliver User Interface / User Experience enhancements
- Support the quarterly strategic connection cycle between the brands and Network Strategy team to update network roadmap / long term view, gathering and preparing data required
- Receive tactical questions from business stakeholders, translate these into modeling requests, appropriately configure and run modeling tools, share results with business stakeholders in the form of recommendations and quantitative feedback
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred
- 3+ years experience in supply chain / network optimization.
- Experience with prescriptive analytics modeling programming/coding
- Experience with the AIMMS optimization platform preferred
- Python/R/Java related experience
- Experience with advance analytical tools and data visualization, such as Tableau, PowerBI and Alteryx is a plus
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of supply chain general practices
- Working experience within Grocery Ecommerce specifically, or Retail, Food/Beverage, or CPG sector would be a plus
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.