Senior Program Manager (Security)
Working for Trunk Club
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
Who We Are
At Trunk Club, we're building the future of retail, enabled through technology. We have a strong culture of being curious and collaborating. Protecting customer data is an essential part of our customer service mission. As a security program manager, you will drive our ability to meet customer, business, and industry expectations for how we protect cardholder data. This position will provide expertise and guidance related to various security and compliance frameworks and tools. The role is highly visible and critically important, combining audit strategy, program and project management, and control assessment skills. To be successful in this role you will design and lead major assessment projects; develop long-term roadmaps and functional project plans for technological and procedural requirements; and drive participation and buy-in from partner teams and dependencies across Nordstrom technology and beyond.
What You’ll Do
- Utilize a common set of security standards with the ability to interpret and apply an individual brand focus
- Drive security and technical process improvement efforts based on industry best practices
- Develop and drive timelines to support internal and external requirements
- Manage stakeholder expectations and ensure communication throughout the process
- Partner with business and technology teams to assess and develop appropriate security solutions
- Collaborate and coordinate input and buy-in from leadership and cross organizational support
- Establish and maintain productive and respectful relationships with other internal business and technology teams
- Engage in project teams and represent security sponsorship and requirements
- Assist in the analysis, creation, and communication of security requirements
- Provide input and guidance for junior roles on the team
What You’ll Bring to the Role
- A minimum of 8+ years job related experience in a security or IT compliance field or security program management
- Data management skills, including analysis, metrics, and reporting
- Ability to track and maintain multiple projects and deliverables
- Strong partnership and relationship development skills
- Excellent presentation and verbal communication skills
- High-level understanding of a broad range of security topics, such as networking, cloud security, secure software, cryptography; CISSP or equivalent is a plus
- Previous experience with security audits like PCI, SOX, SOC I is a plus
How We Work
With others. We collaborate with Engineering, Business Stakeholders, and Nordstrom counterparts on the daily through multiple communication channels, including Slack.
With transparency. We have an open team room. No cubicles, no private offices.
With agility. We don’t believe in following a process for process’s sake. We are adaptive and focus on delivering incremental value.
With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company needs.
A few of our perks
- Lunch-and learns
- Annual stipend for continuous education
- Tech all-hands lunches every other Friday
- Hack days
- Team outings
- Nordstrom discount
- Flexible work environment
- Social environment with built-in bars