Senior Systems Administrator
*Starting salary is dependent upon qualifications, but in most cases is no higher than the midpoint for range.
NATURE OF WORK:
The Senior Systems Administrator will support enterprise IT operations with a focus on data center, virtualized, and cloud based technologies. This position will have ownership of delivering reliable enterprise services with the opportunity to provide strategic input for the deployment of transformative tools that are consumed by City staff and citizens. An experienced candidate should be forward thinking and a subject matter expert in working with technologies that span identity management, domain services, telephony, business continuity, and cybersecurity.
● Ensures availability and reliability of the City’s LAN/WAN network, related infrastructure and system operations.
● Manages existing server environment with expert knowledge of Active Directory Services, Windows file services, DHCP, DNS, and Group Policy.
● Supports backup operations and improve disaster recovery planning and testing.
● Manages, operates, and optimizes Virtual Server and Virtual Desktop clusters.
● Responds to incidents, troubleshoots, remediates, and finds root-causes.
● Monitors system health and performance metrics.
● Evaluates system performance with an eye towards researching and assessing future technologies that provide improved or added services and reduced costs.
● Coordinates security patch management process.
● Documents existing systems and workflows to provide recommendations for process improvement.
● Serves as escalation point in support of the IT Service Delivery Team.
● Performs other duties as assigned or required.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS OF WORK:
● Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems Management or substantially similar area and must possess four (4) or more years of work experience with Microsoft technologies; OR must possess a High School Diploma or GED and must possess seven (7) or more years of work experience with Microsoft technologies.
● Must possess a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record.
● Knowledge, skills, and abilities in the following areas:
○ Proficiency with Active Directory Services and enterprise operations management via Group Policy.
○ MCSA or MCSE certifications preferred.
○ Proficiency with operations and management of Storage Area Networks.
○ Comprehensive knowledge of VMWare VCenter operations.
○ Experience with VMWare Horizon View virtual desktop deployment and layer management.
○ VMware VCP6 certification preferred.
○ Comprehensive knowledge of Veeam Backup & Replication Suite.
○ Ability to prioritize tasks and think critically.
○ Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects with deadlines
○ Ability to work well in a team oriented environment.
○ Proven experience with Project Management in deployment of enterprise solutions and the ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
○ Proven experience with migration of data center operations to cloud providers such as Azure and AWS.
○ AWS Solutions Architect certification preferred.
○ Experience in Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity, and Incident Response planning.
○ Working knowledge of Cisco telephony systems such as CUCM and UCCX.
○ Experience with Google G-Suite cloud based productivity suite.
○ Operation of Cisco Identity Service Engine nodes.
○ Deployment of SIEM platform.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF WORK:
Ability to work primarily in a sedentary position, occasionally using force to lift, carry or otherwise move objects normally found in an office setting. The employee is subject to inside environmental conditions.