Senior Systems Engineer at CCC Information Services
At CCC, it’s all about connectivity we are a provider of innovative cloud, mobile, telematics, hyperscale technologies and services for the automotive, insurance, and collision repair industries. Our solutions and big data insights are delivered through our CCC ONE™ platform, which connects 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, original equipment manufacturers, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. Our platform, carwise.com , provides access to car-related services for millions of consumers. Auto Injury Solutions Inc., also a CCC company, provides casualty solutions to auto insurers for the handling of first and third-party claims. In short, our collective set of solutions make connected car, vehicle, and accident data actionable, informing decision-making, enhancing productivity, and helping customers deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
Job Description Summary
The Senior Systems Engineer uses demonstrated knowledge and to design, build, test, and maintain virtualized Windows systems that meet business requirements as well as support the legacy Windows Server environment. The right candidate should be a highly motivated individual excited to learn and grow in their field as well as adjacent fields in a fast-paced large IT organization.
* Serve on cross-functional project teams as a platform subject matter expert
* Document system design and related processes
* Adapt daily to changing environment requirements and manage multiple tasks
* Lead team initiatives and coach junior team members
* Assume total responsibility for work assigned and deliver on commitments
* Take ownership of problems and/or issues and ensure timely resolution
* Proactively identify opportunities for improvement of the Windows and VMware environment
* Follow all documented processes and procedures as defined by internal documentation
* Associates, Bachelors and or Masters; in Information Systems, Networking, Systems Administration preferred
* Strong experience in the design, installation, configuration, and support of VMware ESX/ESXi vSphere/vMotion/vCenter
* Strong Windows Server systems administration experience, including Windows OS 2012, in a 24x7 environment
* Experience in installation, configuration, and maintenance of Windows servers, and Windows clusters.
* Strong knowledge of Windows OS, MS SQL Server, Active Directory design, ADFS, FTP, NAS, DNS, and PowerShell v1.0/v2.0
* Understanding of cloud technologies, AWS, Azure, etc.
* Familiar with disaster recovery procedures for recovery of virtual and physical Windows servers
*Fulfill both infrastructure and application support on a day-to-day basis
* Demonstrated experience adapting to changing environment requirements and managing multiple tasks.
* Experience managing servers in large corporate environments, including security, security policy compliance, and exception processes
* Excellent communication and documentation skills
* Ability to respond quickly and adapt to changes in priorities driven by a dynamic marketplace