Senior Voice Engineer- Chicago or REMOTE!
At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most accessible and efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems. Integral to our Technology Operations team, the Sr Voice Engineer will be a technical lead and central point of contact who drives a wide variety of projects to support and maintain organization’s voice solutions in a multi-site environment as well as support contact center technologies.
What are some examples of projects you’ll be managing as a Sr. Voice Engineer at VillageMD?
- You will play pivotal role in migration of on-premise contact center platform to cloud based technology. This includes owning all phases from planning and communication to execution.
- As part of our Security First approach, you will ensure Technology Operations is adhering to security and regulatory compliance established by Security Operations and Legal/Compliance team.
What will make you successful here?
- Ability to understand the “voice of the customer”, in other words, having excellent listening skills combined with true desire to provide best possible customer service to our colleagues.
- Comfortable with communicating at all levels including sending enterprise wide announcements as well as leveraging instant messaging tools such as MS Teams. We need this person to side on over-communication and able to provide high level of transparency.
- In-depth understanding of some of the key contact center and voice technologies & services such as Cisco Unified Communication Manager, Unified Contact Center Express (UCCX), Avaya IX and IQ, Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE), Quality of Service (QoS), Fax over IP/ eFax, and E911.
What you might do in your first year:
- Research and fully understand capabilities and constraints of newer cloud-based technology such as Amazon Connect.
- Monitor the communications systems environment and be highly responsive with taking corrective actions to minimize outages.
- Author accurate records of all topology, maintenance, inventory, and security measures associated with the company’s voice and contact center infrastructure.
- Provide support (including on call) and administration of existing Cisco Call Managers, Contact Center, IVR's, and other legacy voice systems.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- Experience in designing highly available and geographically dispersed voice architecture.
- 10+ years of experience in voice telecommunications background including SIP applications / SIP trunking.
- 10+ years of experience designing and implementing call routing, scripting (UCCX) and configuration for a large-scale contact center operation and telephony environment.
- Hands on experience with VoIP solutions (i.e. Unity, Polycom) is a must
- Experience with migration activities related to TDM to SIP, carrier to carrier, and on-prem to cloud based solutions is a big plus
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.