Challenging convention. Trying new things. Reshaping an industry.
The team at Duck Creek helps insurance companies bring amazing ideas to life quickly and easily with software that thinks and works like they do. We're fueled by sharing ideas openly, challenging conventions, trying new things, and valuing "Why not?" over "Why?" Our certainty that there is always a better way to do things keeps carriers ahead of their competition and is helping to reshape an industry.
If having a hand in transforming one of the world’s oldest and largest industries into a standard for innovation, open exchange, and peerless user experience sounds exciting, let us know. We may be looking for you.
Server Database Service Engineer II
The SQL Server Database Service Engineer II (aka SQL Server DBA II) will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our applications, and will also support Database version upgrade and migration. The role is a “hands-on” position utilizing solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Manages SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configures and maintains database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Supports Database version upgrade and migration.
- Independently analyzes, solves, and corrects issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refines and automates regular processes, tracks issues, and documents changes
- Provides 24x7 support for critical production systems.
- Performs scheduled maintenance and supports release patching deployment activities after hours.
- Shares domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Sciences, or minimum of five years of experience as a Senior Database Administrator with experience in Azure Environments
- 2+ years of experience in SQL server Database version 2012 or greater and Windows environments.
- 2+ years of experience within Azure and SQL server Database version 2016
- 1+ years of experience with Azure SQL
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Proficient with Stored Procedure, creating and altering tables, knowledge of SQL server security, SSIS packages
- Experience within Azure and SQL server Database version 2016
- Proficient with High Availability (HA), Mirroring, Availability Groups, Replication and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Proficient with Windows server, including Active Directory
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality
- Ability to organize and plan work independently
- Proficient with Performance Tuning and Optimization, using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Proficient with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Travel: 0-10%
- Work Authorization: Legally authorized to work in the country of the job location.
- Physical: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met