Service Desk Lead
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
The Service Desk Team Lead is the key position that helps keep the Service Desk team running, as well as tackling technical problems and driving resolutions.
This role will need to be able to communicate with all position levels across the organization. The Service Desk Team Lead will report to the Manager of the Service Desk.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Directly manage Service Desk Associates and Interns. Direct their work and hold accountable for tasks.
- Monitor team metrics and address any bottlenecks/issues with ticket resolution. Focus on Service Level Agreements and ensuring the team is meeting commitments.
- Assist with mentoring and coaching for the team. Build skills and train, team members.
- Act as an escalation point and expert for the team. Assist with leading and directing of work for the broader team on projects and initiatives.
- Manage team on-call schedule and triage rotation. Disseminate to the team any new rules or processes to follow.
- Work with the business to identify gaps or problems with existing processes. Drive change.
- Act as quality control for the team-- addressing team ticket quality, responsiveness, thoroughness, ticket hygiene, etc.
- Help smooth onboarding and offboarding experience to ensure no misses. Continue to improve new hire documentation and processes.
- Bring technical skills, and become application owner, for the software we use.
- Be able to manage project work--direct team to finish tasks and hold them accountable.
- Identify gaps in documentation and drive initiative to fill out our wikis.
- Able to perform all the tasks that we ask of the SD technicians.
- Be flexible. We're growing and we need to continue to change to help the company grow.
You Should Have
- Bachelor's degree a plus
- Interest in mentoring and coaching technicians
- Knowledge of Windows 10 and MacOS and mobile devices
- Software deployment and inventory systems experience - KACE and/or JAMF experience a plus
- Current working knowledge of Active Directory in a multi-domain forest a plus
- Experience with ServiceNow and Slack a plus
- Experience working both independently or as part of a large project team
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; oral and written communication skills
- Ability to learn and pick up concepts quickly
- Ability to take initiative and lead projects
- Ability to accomplish tasks without supervision
- Must possess a positive and professional attitude
- Experience working with virtual/remote staff members
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- PTO. It’s true, we provide you a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.