Service Desk Manager
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 20+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 125,000 restaurants in 2,400 US cities across our portfolio of brands (Grubhub, Seamless, LevelUp, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
The Service Desk Manager is the leader of a 20 person team who is tasked with supporting and resolving technical problems for approximately 5,000 employees / outsource partners in over 20 office locations.
This role, based in Chicago, reports to the Director of Corporate IT and is responsible for setting the strategic direction, providing leadership to and day-to-day management of the team and ensuring a consistent, high-quality and timely customer service experience
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Plan, coordinate and supervise the daily operations and workload for the IT Service Desk team.
- Ensuring adherence to departmental policy and procedures and provides metrics on IT Service Desk activities, performance, and operations.
- Experience with Enterprise-grade IT Management (ticketing) and support automation systems (e.g., Zendesk, ServiceNow, etc.) strongly preferred.
- Motivate and manage IT Service Desk Leads and Analysts in multiple offices.
- Act as an escalation point and expert for the team.
- Manage team on-call schedule and triage rotation.
- Work with the business to identify gaps or problems with existing processes. Drive change.
- Act as quality control for the team -- addressing team ticket quality, responsiveness, thoroughness, ticket hygiene, etc.
- Help smooth onboarding and offboarding experience / continue to improve new hire documentation and processes
- Be able to manage project work - direct team to finish tasks and hold them accountable
- Able to perform all the tasks that we ask of the Service Desk technicians
- Be flexible. We're growing and we need to continue to change to help the company grow
You Should Have
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology or related field experience
- 7+ years of experience in management / supervisory role in an IT or Service Desk environment
- 4+ years of experience building a Help Desk / IT technician department and developing team members
- Background and 4+ years of experience in IT Service Desk operations and issue resolution
- Track record of sound judgment, problem-solving, decision making, organizational and analytical skills
- Experience with Enterprise-grade IT Management (ticketing) and support automation systems strongly preferred (e.g., Zendesk, ServiceNow, etc.
- Process-oriented with strong communication, analytical and organizational skills
- Self-motivated, self-directed and customer service focused
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with all levels of the organization, from peers to management and executives
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience creating process around IT functions and support
- Knowledge of Windows 10 and MacOS and mobile devices
- Experience working with virtual/remote staff members
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.