Site Reliability Engineer at CCC Information Services
Job Description Summary
CCC is looking for engineers who enjoy solving complex problems. We are growing rapidly and seeking Engineers and Leaders who strive for innovation, can act independently, and who can remain calm in stressful situations.
- Evangelize Best Practices to the rest of the company.
- Works with NOC (Tier 1-2 support) and Engineering to prioritize issues and ensure adequate follow-ups.
- During an incident, leads efforts to triage and mitigate impact globally. After an incident, responsible for incident reviews and action items for follow-up in order to improve overall service stability.
- Develops policies and procedures that improve overall product stability and availability.
- Design and create tools to help manage site services, and host monitoring/alarming.
- Participate in Incident Reviews of outages in order to improve overall product stability.
- Build relationships with development teams and technology leaders across the company.
- Basic knowledge of Linux operating systems (RHEL/CentOS/Debian) and its fundamentals. Windows knowledge a plus.
- Strong knowledge of L1-4 Networking, Switching/Routing, L2-7 reverse proxy and proxy load balancers, firewalls, DNS/DHCP, TCP/IP stack. Required basic knowledge of OSPF, BGP, SNMP, and SMTP.
- Must demonstrate strong skills in Layer 7 debugging and analysis. Experience in diagnosis and ability to differentiate L1-4 issues from L7 HTTP, HTML and others.
- Experience with version control (SVN, GIT), Continuous Integration technologies (Hudson, Jenkins).
- Knowledge in configuration management by leveraging tools such as Ansible and/or Chef.
- Experience with transactional databases (MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL) configured for high availability and redundancy.
- Experience in handling production outages and root cause analysis.
- Strong and effective written/verbal communication skills, whether talking to individual contributors or to executive management.
- Experience in creating tools for infrastructure (IaaS and PaaS) management and automation a plus.
- Familiarity with following monitoring tools - App Dynamics, CloudWatch, SolarWinds a plus.
Why Choose CCC:
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs, competitive medical benefit offerings
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, Perkspot/employee discount program and potentially flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
Please Note: Contingent Workers, Field Inventory Representatives and Interns are not eligible for the benefits above.
CCC Information Services was recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-Sized Employers in 2018 and ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago.
CCC is ready to help you shift your career into high gear. Let's get started!