SR IT ANALYST - TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS
Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof – All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
GENERAL SUMMARY & SCOPE
The Supply Chain Team Sr IT Analyst will have functional and technical responsibility for implementation, projects, and support of transportation systems for ULTA stores and distribution centers. This includes Transportation Management and shipping software systems and integration to ULTA systems. The Sr IT Analyst will be working closely with the business, vendors, cross functional teams on project and support functions. They will Lead Supply Chain IT members to formulate and participate in new scope & requirements, break-fix work, testing, and lead support activities to meet the business needs at ULTA.
REQUIRED JOB SKILLS
- Requirements definition and management – Contributes to selection of the most appropriate techniques for the elicitation of detailed requirements. Undertakes business requirements as directed, maintaining traceability back to source. Assesses them for adherence to business objectives and for consistency, challenging positively as appropriate. Leads requirements prioritization with stakeholders. Reviews operational requirements, problems, and opportunities, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes.
- Application Support – Maintains application support processes, and checks that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures. Uses application management software and tools to investigate issues, collect performance statistics and create reports.
- Configuration Management – Applies tools, techniques and processes to track, log, report on and correct configuration items, components and changes related to the configuration items.
- Incident Management – Undertakes the identification, registration and categorization of incidents. Gathers information to enable incident resolution and promptly escalates incidents as appropriate. Maintains records and advises relevant persons of actions taken.
- Data Analysis – Applies data analysis, data modelling, and quality techniques, based upon a detailed understanding of business processes, to establish, modify or maintain data structures and associated components. Liaises with database engineers and other application development team members on the details of data structures and associated components.
- Development Testing – Creates test cases using own in-depth technical analysis of both functional and non-functional specifications and processes. Maintains traceability records, from test cases back to requirements. Investigates requirements for environment, data, resources and tools. Reviews test results and modifies tests if necessary. Provides reports on progress, anomalies, risks and issues associated with the overall project. Identifies process improvements, and contributes to corporate testing standards and definition of best practice.
- Relationship Management - Reviews the communications needs of each stakeholder group in conjunction with business owners and subject matter experts. Translates communications / stakeholder engagement strategies into specific tasks. Contributes to the development and enhancement of customer and stakeholder relationships.
- Change Management - Assesses, analyses, creates, documents, presents and implements changes based on requests for change.
- Problem Management - Undertakes and reviews actions to investigate and resolve problems in systems, processes and services. Assesses problem fixes/remedies. Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (*Essential Functions)
- Functional, Technical, and SME responsibility for Transportation systems by leading small team of resources for support, break-fix, testing, or project work
- Primary focus on Functional, Technical and SME responsibility for Transportation applications in Supply Chain area
- Functional responsibility for integration into WMS and SAP systems
- Work closely with key business partners and cross functional areas during entire lifecycle of the project
- Provide functional support and troubleshooting for production issues for 24x7 operations
- Lead and/or Participate Outage Calls and Root Cause Analysis tasks
- Explore and recommend solutions to business requirements and issues
- Lead, participate, and document requirements, design, and test plans within sessions for project, enhancement, or break/fix work in supply chain area
- Assist or build Project plan, track completion, and create estimates for multiple Supply Chain initiatives.
- Creates, maintains, and leads coordination for documentation such as functional specifications, process flows, etc
- 3+ years of hands on experience, both functional and technical, with shipping software solutions for parcel selection as functional and/or support analyst
- 3+ years hands on experience, both functional and technical, with transportation systems as functional and/or support analyst
- Experience on integration between transportation and other host systems preferably SAP
- Experience with transportation solutions in retail or high volume industries preferred
- Proven track record and experience in providing superior production support
- Experience in working with contractor firms with resources both onshore and offshore.
- Strong SQL skills
- Ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to change
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, both written and verbal and active listening traits
- Strong leadership skills in accountability and customer focus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Customer Service/relationship focus
- Strong communications (written and verbal), customer focus skills required.
- Flexibility of providing support during odd hours, weekends, and peak seasons
- Be proactive and ability to catch issues before failures
- Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences or related field
- Normal office demands
- Some travel required