SR IT PROJECT MANAGER
Responsible for planning and implementation of strategic initiatives, system enhancements, integration and conversion projects within National General Accident & Health. Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals, deliverables, project plans, tasks and resource requirements. Work closely with both technical and business teams to document and implement solutions that are effective and align with goals & objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Coordinate project management activities for multiple projects at the same time, ranging from small to large efforts.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives by assessing effectiveness of current processes, programs and systems to recognize opportunities for standardization, increased efficiency, cost reduction, increased quality and improved project experience.
- Ensure that projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Develop project scope, formulate strategies and objectives, form and manage project team and ensure project feasibility.
- Monitor project performance and communicate to stakeholders and management as appropriate.
- Engage with the business and technical teams to identify potential solutions, provide recommendations and thought leadership.
- Maintain project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
- Coordinate and organize stakeholder and project meetings, including facilitation.
- Manage issues, open items, risks, and key decisions, escalating as appropriate.
- Partner closely with teams across the organization to execute solutions and act as a liaison between IT and business owners.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience.
- 5+ years of experience supporting the Project Management of projects in a technical development environment.
- Attention to detail with the ability to understand how a process fits into the overall business model.
- Ability to understand technical functionality and documentation and produce non-technical documentation.
- Deliver high-quality work, characterized by exactness and completeness.
- Ability to identify potential problems and escalate as needed.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills with a disciplined mindset.
- Ability to influence others and negotiate effectively.
- Self-motivated, deadline-driven, ability to support multiple projects with competing priority.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment independently with little supervision.
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization.
- 3+ years of experience in supplemental insurance industry.
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Proven abilities working in Agile development environments.
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A– (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
• Paid Training
• Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
• Wellness Programs
• Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
• 401k w/ Company Match
• Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
• Employee Discount Program
• Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
• On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
• On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
• Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.