Sr Manager, IT Workforce Management
Grainger is seeking a new IT leader to help it grow. This person must have a solid understanding of HR fundamentals but also be able to speak geek – understanding the technical side of the equation is equally important.
Are you the ideal candidate?
You look at a 1000+ person IT organization and can see the multiple ways to improve the people side of the business. You understand the benefits and opportunities associated with both contingent labor and an internal labor workforce. You want to be part of the team driving the future direction for this organization. You have experience and knowledge across multiple people related disciplines, including talent acquisition and management, knowledge management, strategic workforce planning and execution, training program development and management, and organizational change management including solid communication skills. You understand are excited by the rapid change that the IT industry brings.
In this role, you will work with our senior IT leaders as well as our HR partners to help define the programs and approaches to grow and mature this IT organization. Some ideas ready for your input to help develop and manage include:
- Identifying new talent pipeline programs including an extension to the existing university relations program but also branching out into military and diversity based hires
- Defining talent introduction programs like new college graduate rotations to help ensure our new hires acclimate to the company well
- Defining training and educational programs to help educate the current workforce in preparation for the changing IT industry
- Defining and executing a strategic workforce plan with the IT leadership, helping these leaders determine their future needs and the paths to get there
- Coordinating and managing all these changes across the breadth of the IT organization
- This role has an amazing opportunity to start at basically ground zero to help build and define the talent management and workforce management processes and procedures for a 1000+ resource organization.