We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
The Sr. Manager, Service Desk & IT Procurement is the leader of a 25-person team who is tasked with supporting and resolving technical problems and ensuring every employee and partner have the tools they need to do their job. This role, based in Chicago, reports to the Senior Director of Corporate IT and is responsible for setting the strategic direction, providing leadership to and day-to-day management of the team and ensuring a consistent, high-quality and timely customer service experience
The Impact You Will Make
- Plan, coordinate, and supervise the daily operations and workload of the Service Desk & CIT Procurement team members
- Ensure adherence to departmental policy and procedures and provides metrics on Service Desk & CIT Procurement team activities, performance, and operations
- Experience with Enterprise-grade IT Management (ticketing) and support automation systems (e.g., Zendesk, ServiceNow, etc.) strongly preferred
- Motivate and manage Service Desk Leads/Analysts and CIT Procurement team members in multiple offices
- Manage the hardware and software procurement processes, forecasting and asset reviews
- Act as an escalation point and expert for the team.
- Manage team on-call schedule and triage rotation.
- Work with the business to identify gaps or problems with existing processes. Drive change.
- Act as quality control for the team -- addressing team ticket quality, responsiveness, thoroughness, ticket hygiene, etc.
- Help smooth onboarding and offboarding experience / continue to improve new hire documentation and processes.
- Be able to manage project work - direct team to finish tasks and hold them accountable.
- Able to perform all the tasks that we ask of the Service Desk analysts & CIT Procurement analysts.
- Be flexible. We're growing and we need to continue to change to help the company grow.
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field experience.
- 7+ years of experience in a management role in an IT Service Desk environment.
- 4+ years of experience building a Help Desk / IT technician department and developing team members.
- Background and 4+ years of experience in Service Desk operations and issue resolution.
- 4+ years experience working on IT Procurement hardware, software and vendor management processes.
- Track record of sound judgment, problem-solving, decision making, organizational and analytical skills
- Process-oriented with strong communication, analytical and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated, self-directed and customer service focused.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with all levels of the organization, from peers to management and executives.
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience creating processes around IT functions and support.
- Knowledge of Windows 10 and MacOS and mobile devices.
- Experience working with virtual/remote staff members.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO . Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement: Grubhub employees are required to be fully vaccinated. Candidates must confirm vaccination status at time of hire, and must provide proof of full-Covid-19 vaccination within 2 weeks of starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: "2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's vaccine.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]