System Engineer, Middleware at Ensono
Join a business that embraces innovation, gives you the scope to seize every opportunity and help get you where you want to go. Life at Ensono begins in an unprecedented environment with a role that matters, taking you on a fast-paced journey of discovery, however big that might be. In 2018, we nearly doubled our size in terms of revenue and associates. We expanded across Europe and India, scaling to meet the needs of our clients globally while still maintaining client intimacy as a top priority. In the last three years, we’ve grown to a global organization with more than 150 clients and $600M in revenue. We believe we are uniquely qualified to meet our client’s IT infrastructure needs from mainframe and private cloud, to public cloud and consultative services to advance them along their IT transformation journey. Our purpose remains the same: to be their relentless ally, disrupting the status quo and unleashing them to do great things. Our 2,000+ associates across the world are committed to this purpose.
Reports to the Middleware manager for the region. You’ll be part of a line 3 middleware support team, supporting the mission critical infrastructure of Ensono’s clients, delivering a responsive and exceptional support service for client events and requests. Using a best-in-class client service management platform you will effectively be working on client projects, providing solution deliveries to clients on complex environments and infrastructure, and supporting at times our day to day business as usual support activities from our clients. The job entails:
- Working requests and incidents logged into the middleware ticketing system
- Working with clients on issues, requests, projects.
- Working proactively and reviewing high level problem management
- Working to reduce client issues by identifying automation with better solutions
- Build a strong client relationship by becoming a point of contact and SME for clients
- Working with internal departments to mitigate client concerns or support company projects
You’ll achieve common goals with our middleware teams to create a positive learning environment where knowledge sharing will help all middleware associates propel to the next level of their careers. Your day-to-day role will expose you to a broad range of technologies. The position will be challenging with opportunities to work on a broad range of middleware software and products.
- Participation on client project initiatives and support for Middleware platforms.
- Support to design and enhance, upgrade, or build new client middleware environments
- Work closely with clients daily on projects, troubleshooting, or consultations.
- Perform software installations, upgrades, and patches to middleware instances and servers
- Define and maintain middleware standards and governance API administration and utilization.
- Utilize industry standard technologies& methods to ensure the integrity & recoverability of middleware applications.
- Perform troubleshooting and performance tuning with clients.
- Perform strategic analysis and design of middleware infrastructure and make recommendations on improvements and/or new systems required to meet business needs and future capacity.
- Serve as technical resource to business analysts, solutions development and other groups responsible for middleware application development standards, system design and integration.
- Ensure middleware systems remain at operational excellence during infrastructure improvements (hardware/software upgrades server migrations/consolidations, application deployment, etc.).
- Engineer solutions, related to messaging that support and enhance business operations with guidance
- Complete Certifications as needed to support Ensono client middleware platforms and environments.
- Assist in creating new or maintaining documentation, runbooks knowledge articles and diagrams.
- Good understanding of web site technology
- Good understanding of TCP/IP addressing and routing basics
- Good understanding with networking terminology
- Good understanding of DNS and troubleshooting
- Good understanding of VMware and awareness of Cloud technology
- Good working knowledge and understanding of internet/e-commerce technologies
- Good technical awareness of IT server infrastructure
- Good understanding of cyber security and enterprise level anti-virus threat detection management
- Strong working knowledge of WebSeal Weblogic, Websphere, WebMethods, Jboss, Apache, Tomcat, Savion, Cold Fusion, HTTP, and IIS software products. installation, Configuration, Administration and troubleshooting.
- Strong knowledge of SSL Certificate Management
- Good working knowledge of doing tcpdumps from F5 Load Balancers
- Strong working knowledge of BigIP,subnetting, Load Balancing, VIPs, and Irules
- Good working Knowledge of various platforms (Mainframe, Distributed Systems, IBMi) OS platforms: Unix, Linux, Hpux, Windows, Solaris, AIX.
- Good working knowledge of tools, Ansible, Chef, Salt, Shavlik, RHEL Satellite
- Good working knowledge of App Dynamics toolset.
- Must have excellent communication skills since working directly with the client is a significant requirement of this position.
- Working Knowledge of Websphere MQ Messaging
- Knowledge of IBM Data Power Appliance hardware and software
- Some Knowledge and understanding of Cisco firewalls / VPN
- Microsoft Exchange Mail flow
- Microsoft SQL performance troubleshooting, mirroring, Log shipping
- Supporting Citrix XenApp
- Knowledge of the ITIL framework
- MCITP / MCSE / MCSA / CCNA / CompTIA
- A ‘client centric’ approach
- Excellent demonstrable English written and verbal communication skills
- Able to communicate in groups with confidence and conviction
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Excellent team working skills are essential
- Ability to document processes and procedures in a clear, concise and logical manner
At least 2-4 years’ experience in an IT Middleware support environment