Systems Administrator (Temporary)
Purpose of Position: The Microsoft Dynamics AX Systems Administrator is primarily responsible for the day-to-day management of the operating systems and servers running FTD's systems and/or corporate assets with a focus on stability, uptime, performance and security. The Systems Administrator will assist in the planning of and deployment of upgrades and expansion of software and hardware. The Systems Administrator will coordinate his/her activities with other technology staff, including DBAs, networking and the application development teams to complete projects and help manage customer and stakeholder expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for daily administration of the client facing line of business tools and systems, including installation, upgrades, troubleshooting, patching, backup and recovery.
- Prioritize and coordinate the usage of cross-team resources for projects or work assignments.
- Provide input for the design, architecture and implementation on assigned projects.
- Project resource for systems/network projects that require Systems Engineering involvement.
- Interface with other IT teams to escalate issues that impact users
- Participate in setting the direction of the PRVD technology environment.
- Drive enhancements on back end systems that impact user community.
- Assist in the monitoring and management of day-to-day ERP activities.
- Perform administrative tasks, including but not limited to: prepare configuration documentation, keep asset database up to date and accurate, document issues and resolution, follow up with users.
- Contribute in the design, implementation, monitoring and maintenance of our platforms and systems
- Document new procedures and provide work-flow diagrams.
- Provide outstanding customer service. Complete tickets within established SLAs. Enter detailed notes from ticket resolution. for ticket resolution.
- Pilot and implementation of new technology and systems to optimize the end user experience
- Ability to use computer and key board for extended periods of time
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Works in an office environment which may be in small, open, cubicle space
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX, ADFS (or any single sign-on solution) and CITRIX
- Functional knowledge of Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop, and Netscaler
- Experience with full life cycle MS Dynamics implementations and upgrades.
- Experience building/imaging/configuring/testing/supporting Microsoft Server OS
- Experience with server and desktop virtualization.
- Patch management applications including hands on experience with patch deployment.
- Ability to review data from multiple sources in order to provide analysis and appropriate action.
- Active Directory and MS Exchange systems and administration
- MCSA/MCSE/CompTIA Linux+/RHCE or equivalent experience
- 5+ years Windows or Linux administration, configuration, and system level support experience.
- Strong understanding of Windows or Linux systems and network security concepts.
- Keen understanding on networking essentials and current Internet technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, analyze, quantify and resolve complex issues.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to handle a high-stress and dynamic environment.
- Excellent creative thinking/problem solving ability
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering or related field
- Experience in retail VM environments a plus.
- Experience in ecommerce environments a plus.
- Microsoft Operating System certification (MCP or greater).