What We Do
Uptake helps industrial companies digitally transform with open, purpose-built software that delivers outcomes that matter. Built on a foundation of data science and machine learning, our vision is to create a world that always works — one where the machines and equipment we depend on daily don’t break, and industrial companies are once again the creators of economic growth and opportunity.
- Maintaining mostly open source office infrastructure
- Manage software deployment and manage systems using JAMF and Kace
- Being the offense and defense for the virtual machines that power Uptake
- Manage Uptake’s internal Active Directory
- Support wired and wireless networks, and our VPNs
- Documenting and expanding our internal knowledge base
- Support macOS and Windows users with everything from software installation to debugging development environments
- Thinking of how we can make our coworkers have a more enjoyable, efficient day.
- 5+ years experience solving problems and making systems better in a computer-based environment
- 2+ years experience working with Unix/Linux environments
- Experience with systems management tools, JAMF and KACE knowledge preferred
- Proficient and comfortable working with virtualization environments/hypervisors
- Shown past proficiency with Microsoft PowerShell and scripting
- Ability to troubleshoot and fix common issues in your sleep
- Familiarity with API development
- Deep working knowledge of identity management platforms, including SSO/SAML
- Intellectual Curiosity
- Demonstration that you’re interested in and have done something with technology
- Degree in computer science or STEM area of study
- Exposure to AWS CLI and IAM
- Experience with provisioning and supporting VoIP telephony and telepresence equipment
- Passion for open source software
- Programming experience and ability
Why Work Here
Uptake is a values-driven organization, and we are excited about what we do. We’re flexible, honest, hardworking, and collaborative. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences together to solve tough, important problems. We support and challenge one another to bring out the best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way. We’re also proud to be one of Chicago’s best places to work in 2018 according to Forbes and Great Place to Work Institute.
We offer generous benefits including health, dental, vision, parental leave, 401K match, and unlimited vacation. We are lifelong learners, and our Uptake University program offers training and professional development on a wide variety of topics. We also have employee-led community groups including [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], and many more. Learn more at https://www.uptake.com/careers.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Uptake welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.