Systems Engineer, Operations and Compliance Tools (Anywhere in US)
Groupon Operations and Compliance Tools team is in charge of the design, implementation, and operational support of internal systems that span business side and engineering departments We are looking for a passionate, energetic and technology enthusiast eager to work at a rapid pace with the flexibility to work across our suite of technologies.
Groupon is looking for a system engineer to join our Operations and Compliance Tools team. We are looking for a problem solver; someone who enjoys production operation work, troubleshooting, and creating solutions for common problems.
- Perform data analysis of internal infrastructure compliance
- Manage and migrate system configuration
- Build tools to automate processes and operate production systems
- Coordinate and communicate project progress with teams across organizations
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation
- B.S. in STEM fields with 2 years experience in system administration or related fields
- Strong data analytical skills
- Excellent communication, documentation, and prioritization
- Hands-on experience of shell scripting or any programming language and familiarity with Linux
- Continuous monitoring and tuning of system health and performance and improve current backup/restore tools
- 5 years + experience in Linux System Administration or similar fields
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience in configuration management technologies (Ansible preferred)
- Knowledge in a high-volume, highly virtualized Linux / KVM / Dockers
- JVM Knowledge and Troubleshooting experience (Tomcat preferred) and Cache system knowledge and debugging skills (Redis, Memcache)
- Understanding of regulatory domains including GDPR
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.