Systems Engineer at Ensono
Systems Engineers ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of information systems that support core organizational functions and customers. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all operating systems assigned. The Systems Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Consistently provides proven, formal mentorship
- High complexity assignments - owner
- Moderate complexity assignments - owner (1 or >)
- Low complexity assignments - provide oversight/review
- Regularly lead self and others and/or established as Product SME and/or established as specialist
- Understands how whole picture aligns to overall Ensono strategy
- Full understanding of server hardware and operating systems including high availability (HA) components
- Full knowledge to install and configure high availability/cluster servers supporting business critical functions
- Understanding of multiple scripting languages to develop solutions for automation and reporting
- Work in a Team to design computer system configurations.
- Design and document procedures to apply Operating Systems patches, code and firmware updates to systems infrastructure.
- Participate in primary design meetings for Customer Disaster Recovery planning.
- Work through quote process to assist in purchasing system components.
- Proficiency in Operating System installation procedure.
- Implement storage configurations
- Research system vulnerabilities and providing documentation for future use implementing corrective actions as required.
- Design and implement advanced network configurations within the server configuration
- Typically requires a minimum of 7 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 6 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD with 3 years experience; or equivalent work experience
- OS Platform Requirements (varies on OS platform of position):
- Linux 7+ years hands on administration with RHEL or other Linux environments
- HPUX 5+ years hands on administration of HP-UX OS environments
- Solaris 5+ years hands on administration of Solaris OS environments
- AIX 5+ years hands on administration of AIX OS environments
- VMware 1+ years hands on administration of VMware environments
- ITIL Foundations Certified
- VERITAS Cluster Server “high availability cluster certification”
- Understands the competitive landscape from both a business and technical perspective
- Red Hat Certified Engineer
- HP-UX Certified System Administration
- HP-UX Certified System Engineer (CSE)
- Oracle Solaris 10 System Administrator Certified Professional
- IBM Certified System Administrator - AIX 7
- High Availability for AIX - Technical Support and Administration -v2